chapter 9 (Madison)

Benagg lunged at Anubis sword aimed at his chest. I watched in awe as the two dueled with their swords nither giving up any ground to the other. Benagg kicked Anubis in the chest knocking him backwards. Benagg didn't hisitate,he lunged slicing his sword through Anubis. My heart stopped as I watched Anubis go down with a grunt, Benagg over him raising his sword for a final blow.
My body reacted with a solid kick to the chest of Benagg, who feel with the force of my kick.
.benagg got to his feet and stared at me with fury. "How dare you I'll destroy you." He said with a roar and lunches at me. I dodge his attack and shot my phaser gun at him. He screamed in pain and fell to the ground long enough for me to aim another shot at him. In an instant, Benagg appeared behind me and grabbed me.
" I'm gonna rip your pretty head off." He said just before Jack kicked Benagg off of me and the rest of the team arrived pointing their weapons at Benagg. He got to his feet and looked at us in glee.
" I would stay and play some more but I have business elsewhere" he said before making a portal and jumping through just before my phaser blast hit. 
I ran to Anubis' side my heart in my throat. He was still on the ground but he was responsive.
"Commander are okay?" I asked knowing the others could hear us.
"I will be fine, how is my team?" He asked but I knew the real question underneath.
"We are fine sir Benagg escaped but Kat is trying to locate him." Anubis slowly got to his feet and made his way to the others with me following behind.
" You did good today rangers. You faced a strong opponent today let's go get some rest." He said and we all saluted him and made our way back to base.
•••
After everyone was in bed or in their room, I silently made my way to Anubis' room. When I arrived, I found him in the bed waiting for me.
" Anubis." It was one word, but it held so much emotion. He got off of the bed and walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me. I could no longer controll myself my wall crashed and I began to sob into his chest the image of Anubis on the ground with Benagg over him his sword raised.
Anubis cupped my chin and pulled my face so our eyes met.
" I am fine my love. I was more worried about you." He said as he wiped the tears from my face.
"You were wounded, I saw you fall and I..." He cut me off with a soft kiss he pulled away and pressed his forehead to mine and electricity flowed through my body.
"I heal fast as a serian, I apologise for making you worry." He said as he looked over my body searching for anything that would resemble a bruise.
" The question is are you hurt?" I shook me head and pressed my hand against the side of his face feeling the warmth of his body.
"No I'm fine thanks to Jack and the rest of the team." I said
He nodded and pulled me into a kiss and I melted into him wrapping my arms around him. He let out a low groan.

Madison's ShadowOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara