Chapter 3 (Madison)

I woke early and headed to the bathroom to prepare myself for the day. I didn't sleep very much last night my thoughts going to the Commander who walked me to my room last night. For some reason, i felt a strange connection towards Cruger. Yes, he's very handsome but he is higher ranked then me and there are rules. Trying to keep my head away from the Commander, I joined the team in the lobby where every one was talking and sitting on the couch.
"Hey Madison how was your first night at base?" Jack asked
"It was good." I said
"Have you read over SPD regulations in the hand book?" Sky asked
"Yes sir" I said
"Don't worry, Sky is just a mother hen." Sydney said sticking her tongue out playfully at him.
"I'm just making sure everyone knows the rules" he said smiling at the blond headed ranger. There was something going on between them two that's for sure. I thought as I got up to fix me some breakfast. Just then, the alarm went off and Kat's voice came over the intercom
"RANGERS TO THE COMAND CENTER"
We all jumped up and ran to the command room where Commander and Kat were waiting.
"Rangers there is a criminal causing chaos down town. Suit up!"
"SPD EMERGENCY!" We all shouted and was placed in our ranger suits. We all went to our assigned motor vehicles and speed toward the emergency. When we arrived, people were running and screaming in terror as the criminal rampaged.
"SPD your under arrest!" I yelled and the criminal stoped and turned to us.
"Oh look it's the rangers, I'm so scared." He said laughing
"You should be." I said and aimed my laser at him
"Your coming with us." I said
"You think that little laser is going to beat me, think again." He said as he lunged at me. I dodged easily and gave him a swift kick to the abdomen and he stepped back a few steps.
"Oh your feisty." He said as he sent a blast at me. I couldn't dodge this one and the blast hit me with enough force to knock me to the ground. The other rangers stepped in all blasting the criminal with their lasers and helping to my feet.
"You okay?" Sydney asked and I gave her a nod.
"I'm good thanks." I said and rejoined the battle. It didn't take long for us to subdue him and I put my SPD morpher into judgment mode. He was found guilty and sentenced to a confinement card.

At Base...
"Good job rangers another criminal is off the streets." Commander Cruger said as we stood in front of him at attention.
"Thank you sir" we all said in unison.
"You are dismissed." He said and we all started to walk out.
"Cadet Jones can you wait for a few moments?" Commander asked
"Of course." I said as the other Cadets left the room as well as Kat.
"Uh Cadet jones I have a question for you." He asked
"Yes commander ask away." I said smiling at him.
"Would you like to go to eat dinner with me tonight?" He asked
"Sure I'll go with you." I said my mind swirling with thoughts. Did the commander just ask me on a date?
"Good I'll meet you at 7:30 sharp." He said and walked out of the room leaving me speechless as to what just happened.

>>>
It was 6:45 and I was getting ready for dinner with the commander, making sure my hair and makeup was perfect. I slipped on a long black elegant dress that hugged my curves and showed a little cleavage with silver heels to match. I didn't wear any jewelry because I didn't want to over do it. When I was finished, I grabbed my purse and walked out the door.
I walked to the lounge area to find the Commander dressed in button up shirt and a pair of dress pants. I've never seen the commander in anything other than his usual SPD overcoat and pants, so to see him like this was a surprise. It seemed I was not the only one to be surprised as i noticed him look me up and down, his intense stare sent a wave of heat through my body.
"Miss Jones, you look nice this evening." He said as he held out his hand and I took it, feeling the strange tingle when we touched.
"You look nice too Commander." I said
"You may call me Anubis when we are not working." He said politely.
"Of course and you can call me Madison." I said in answer.
We walked to his car and began the trip to the restaurant that he chose for tonight.