Chapter - 24

"So?" Travis says

"Oh umm, see I was just bored so I chopped it off."

"Seriously!"

"Yes."

"Hey Zelda. Wow cute hairstyle girl!" Oliver compliments

"Thank you."

*Guys please sit down, I need to take the attendance.*

The whole day my mind was buzzing with what Nick said. And it keep on thinking about him and I can't stop it. Damn it!

Do I actually like him? No that could never happen right? Maybe im just overthinking things.

For the next few days I avoided Nick. I think he understood that and Tomorrow is my birthday. I'll be 16 Ouf! But mom again bought me a fucking dress, what the fuck is wrong with her. You know what let's just go to school. Tomorrow is really far away.

"Zelda?"

"Who? Oh Nick! I umm.. teacher is calling me!"

"No wait, stop!"

"Yeah...?"

"Why are you avoiding me? What did I do?"

"I'm not avoiding you!"

"Yes you are!"

"No I was actually gonna text you! You see my birthday is tomorrow, yeah so if you like you can come!"

"Your birthday?"

"Uh look the bell!! I'll see you tomorrow!"

______________________________________

I came home to a beautiful light pink dress lying on my bed. Again dresses are not my thing. "God damn it mom! Why do you have to do this now!" I scream

I can hear her giggling from downstairs.

"Darling I have no idea what you're talking about!" She scoffs.

"Yeah okey."

The dress had different flower all over it. It was so beautiful, I couldn't take my eyes off the dress. But I'm scared to wear it. What if it doesn't suit me? What if i look so bad that people starts judging me?

I slapped myself with both of my hands on my face. Zelda snap out of it. Who gives a damn.

I notice two boxes

I notice two boxes . It's shoe boxes. I don't remember buying any new one. It's probably mom again. Ugh. What did she got me this time?

I opened the first box and found myself staring at these pink glittery heels. Oh no, Yeah I'm not wearing that, nope. You tell me to wear dresses fine, but heels no freaking way. Besides who could even walk on these!

 Besides who could even walk on these!

Finger crossed. Please don't let the other box be heels too! I closed my eyes as I started opening the second box. Once I opened it, I began to touch it. It actually doesn't feel like heels! I opened my eyes and to my surprise it was CONVERSEE!!! OH HELL YEAH!! THESE ARE BEAUTIFUL!

 It actually doesn't feel like heels! I opened my eyes and to my surprise it was CONVERSEE!!! OH HELL YEAH!! THESE ARE BEAUTIFUL!

I don't care what anyone says I'm wearing these. Just one problem, it doesn't match with the dress at all! It has little strawberries all over them! Damn it mom, you knew it would piss me off.

I'm tired, I'm just gonna take a long warm shower and pretend that everything is just fine!

I take my phone inside and start the music as I volume it up to the highest and start singing along the lyrics.

After about 40 minute's spending in the bathroom, I went straight to bed and slept thinking about how fun the party will be tomorrow or so I hoped.

______________________________________

I woke to my whole family singing Happy birthday to me. Oh damn never expected this! But like I have a question. What the hell do you do when someone sings to you birthday song? Am I supposed to smile or what? Help me out here.

I jolted out of my bed and finished my "morning routine." A gasp escaped my lips as I noticed my reflection on the mirror. My thick dark brown hair was once again you call it to be a "birds nest" flying in every direction. I let out a groan as I started fixing my hair.

You know what, it's I-M-P-O-S-S-I-B-L-E I can't do this anymore. The freaking brush got stuck on my damn hair. What the fuck am I supposed to do!

"MOMMMM!!!!!" I scream.

"What happe-"

"Help please!"

"Why do you make you hair suffer like that Zelda? It's really beautiful and shiny and let's not forget soft like a cat's fur. Take care of it, will you?"

"Yes mom, I know just get it out of my hair, will you?"

"Sure, but one condition?"

"What?"

"Let me curl your hair."

"Do whatever the hell you want, just get this thing out of my hair. PLEASE!"

"Yes, love"

I sat down as she gently started brushing my hair and curls it. My hair is long so it'll take like forever to curl and I don't even think that it'll hold. But I'm really curious to see how I look with curly hair as I do absolutely nothing with my hair.

It's almost 3 pm. We just spend 2 whole hours on my hair. I can't believe it!

"It's done, you can see now!" Mom says.