The Master Of Bets (And Slaps)

A purple blur crossed the finish line before anyone could even react, and Deku started cackling.

"Good for you, Eraserhead, Present Mic; we hadn't decided the prize yet."

The crowd was silent for a sliver of a second, before the volume came up again, cheers of appreciation at the comment filling the stands.

Deku turned his mic off, and leaned back, but not before throwing a pointed glance at the two Pro Heroes.

Present Mic just gaped at him, while Eraserhead sighed in annoyance.

"How could you guess that, Little Listener?" he cried out after also turning his mic off, as the first competition ended.

The boy grinned, only tapping his head.

Present Mic pouted, but didn't press forward, knowing that was the only answer he was going to get.

Deku then stood up, picking up his bag and stretching as he walked to the door.

"I'm going to 1-B." he simply replied to their questioning glances, and shut the door after self, walking away.

He reached the 1-B dressing room after a few minutes, and knocked, the walking in.

There, he saw many of them depressed, and groaned.

"What the fuck are you sad for?" he asked, making several jump. They hadn't heard him coming in, apparently.

Neito was a the one who spoke up.

"We couldn't enter the Top 3! We only have 2 people in the Top 10!" he said in frustration, and Deku walked to him, then slapped him, making many gasp.

He then took the stunned blond's face within his hands, and bumped his head to his, making eyes contact.

"You did very well." he told the class. "Just because you weren't the best didn't mean you didn't do good. Class 1-A is full of people with Quirks helpful with speed. But because you decided to work together, every single on of you at least beat a single member of them. That is a feat, isn't it?" He then backed up, patting the boy's slightly red cheek. "Don't ever think that you are weak, the situation was just not in your favour."

Deku turned to the class, then threw off his hood, pulling down his mask at the same time.

"I believe in you all." he said, and many felt tears flood their eyes at the words.

They had fought so hard to gain recognition, and just as they thought they had failed, these words had touched them, at their lowest.

Deku made eye contact with every single one of them, before nodding, and putting back on what he had taken off.

"Good luck. Don't forget your training."

He then walked out, and immediately shed his Deku clothes, then plastering his 'Izuku' mask, he walked to Class 1-A's room.

He knocked on the door, then opened it cheerfully, but saw a sour mood.

Katsuki and Hitoshi were face to face, grabbing each other's collars.

He blinked in surprise, then tapped Kaminari, who was standing next to the door, and whispered.

"What happened, Kaminari-san?"

Kaminari absently nodded at him.

"Bakugou and Shinsou got into an argument."

Izuku winced. Yep, he had known this was going to happen.

Katsuki had always strived to be number one in everything, and not being one in a simple race must have frustrated him. And by the looks of it, a lot.

He stepped out, even when the others frantically shook their heads, and his smile turning ice cold, slapped both on the back of their heads, hard, then grabbed their heads, and knocked their foreheads together.

The class gaped at the innocent looking boy just knocking them to the ground like that, but the boy ignored them, glaring down at them fiercely.

Katsuki immediately raised his head, but words died on his tongue as he saw who it was.

"Izuku..." Hitoshi's head snapped up, eyes widening at the greenette.

Izuku only continued his cold smile, eyes sharp and full of anger.

"What the fuck did you think you were doing?" he asked, ignoring the gasps coming from the side.

Iida was about to step in, when Izuku's glare snapped to him.

"Stay out of this, Iida-san." he then turned back to the boys, and slapped Katsuki on the neck once again.

"What did I say about taking your frustrations out on other people?" He copied his movements on Hitoshi next. "And with did I tell you about provoking him?"

Both boys hung their heads, and Izuku sighed, crouching down.

"You both did good." Their heads snapped up in surprise, having expected more lecturing. "And this was only the first segment. It's not the end." He turned to Hitoshi, and ruffled his hair. "Good job, that move of yours was ingenious." The purplette beamed at the praise. " And Katsuki, if it weren't for Hitoshi, you could have won."

He smiled at both of them brightly. "Good job, you two! You're well on your way to become Heroes!"

Both were stunned but the smile, but as Izuku opened his arms, they both lunged at him, hugging him.

The greenette patted their heads gently, then turned to the class that were gaping at him.

He smiled sheepishly.

"Um, problem solved, I guess?"

{}

It took Izuku quite some time to get rid of the leeched hanging off of him, and when he did, he rushed to the Broadcasting Room, and put on his Deku clothes hastily, and sat down, nodding towards the other two.

Aizawa sighed.

"Why were you late, Problem Child?" he asked, staring at his ruffled hair and ruffled clothing.

Deku sighed.

"I was held off by two leeches, sorry Aizawa."

Present Mic raised an eyebrow.

"Leeches?" Deku nodded, face completely serious.

"Two very happy leeches."

And the conversation was held off as the next event was announced.

Deku stared down at the two very happy leeches grabbing a few other students, and leaned back.

This would be entertaining to watch.

He twitched as he saw the snot on his arm, and groaned.

If only they hadn't cried on him either.

That would have been much better, not being covered in snot and spit.

Well, one couldn't have everything.