She paused when she felt him began to withdraw his hand from her hair. Giselle blinked once, letting her tears flow freely down her cheeks. She reached quickly for his wrist with both hands, giving the chance for the little pup to hop off her thighs.

Dean's eyes were quick to lock on Milo that was running straight towards his men with the wiggling tail. After making sure that the puppy was safe by watching it getting caught by one of his men, his eyes shifted back to focus on Giselle.

"Don't do this, please. Was it because I said I wanted to return home?" Her wet pupils shifted between his empty gazes that were staring into her soul. She had no idea what he was thinking, but she persisted to try to understand. She wished he didn't look at himself that way. Her intention was to help him because she knew how deeply this man has wounded. "I didn't mean to hurt your feeling. I just missed my family and that was all. Don't take it personally, please. I just want both of you and my family back... Dean, please listen to me."

He gulped hardly when her eyes began to get redder. They were shockingly trembling in fear. She looked lost. It seemed to him that she was no longer knowing what she wanted. Another drop of tear dropped from the corner of her eyes the moment she blinked. Is it really time for me to set her free? Dean thought bitterly. He clenched his teeth and bit his tongue hard to suppress the emotion that was stirring up inside his stomach. It was so hard for him to just sit still and watch her cry. He couldn't do it. The urge for him to tell the truth about why he had to leave here tomorrow started to grow. What should he do? One thing that he was sure about was the fact that she'll probably never going to let him go alone if he does tell her. Or, she could possibly beg to follow him. Those were the heavy reasons that held him back from telling her the truth.

He held his breath as he fought against the heat that was burning both of his eyes threatening to fill his vision with his boiling tears. Dean knew that he can never show his weakness to her. He couldn't let his plan that was going to happen the next day to fall apart because of her heart-shattering words. He had to be tough, he told himself.

While one of his hands was grasped by her, he raised another hand to wipe the tears on her wet cheek gently. A forced smile immediately appeared on his lips meanwhile his eyes were unconsciously displayed an empty emotion. "I was just saying. I didn't mean to make you cry. Stop crying, my baby. You're ruining your own makeup. Where do you think I can go? A person I love is sitting right in front of me now. I have nowhere else to go." Dean's heart raised as he told her a lie that she'll never be going to find out for the time being.

She frowned a little and wiped her tears. "I just wanted you to know that you are not a bad person, Dean. You have to understand the difference between your decision and when you get forced to do things. I know you. You are not the type to just kill anyone without a reason. Otherwise, you would've killed my father and me since the first day we all met."

Dean felt his breath stuck in his throat after hearing what Giselle said. He knew that he couldn't forget the bitter scars that his mother caused him. He thought he has healed, but the reality was that his wound was too deep to be recover. All of the lies that he had been telling himself every day seemed to no longer works. The act that he had to put up every day to just cheer Giselle up never flowed in the same direction as his heart. He didn't even want to look her in the eyes because his guilt was eating him alive.

"Your father is the head of the police department. I am the son of a mafia clan... Do you really believe it will work out at this point? How are you not scare being near me every day?" Dean asked lowly as his eyes began to get watery.

"It's because I know that you are not going to hurt me. Didn't you say that you've forgiven my father? When we go back, I can convince him to forgive you too. Everything will work out, Dean." Giselle sobbed a little at the same time that she tightened her grip around his hand.