He held me close, swaying back and forth for a moment of peace. I was watching the makeshift slide, hoping like hell boxes wouldn't start shooting off like rockets. Jasper read my mind.

"They won't shoot off, they'll continue to slide along the mat we set up. Trust me, Sades, it's safe. Our possessions will not be broken."

That helped settle my unease. Then again whenever Jasper held me close I was at ease, he had that magical ability about him. Having him this close, inhaling his scent, seeing him sweaty from the heavy lifting, it made me want to drag him to the back of the truck for a few short minutes and have some fun. The thought sent a rush of excitement through me. Then, the thought quickly diminished as I heard the voices of my parents and Carly. I shoved Jasper away, we'd have to wait for some quiet fun time where we wouldn't be overheard or possibly caught.

"We should finish up if we want to leave on time, huh." He spoke softly, letting me go and jumping off the back of the truck. When he hit the ground, I began to laugh, unable to stop myself.

He stared back at me like I was a crazy person, perhaps I did sound like one but I had a good reason. He'd laugh when he found out.

"I've got a Star Wars reference for you, Jas."

He put a hand over his heart. "And that is why I love you!"

I stifled my giggle this time so I could get this out before we ran out of time. "I have the high ground, Jasper!"

He doubled over in laughter, I was doing the same on the truck. It got to the point where he'd fallen to the ground and I was leaning heavily against the wall of the truck.

Once Jasper collected himself, I popped my hip out in exaggeration. "That! That is why you love me."

"You have a point there."

...

The sun was just about to set when we finished loading up the truck. My father pulled the strap, sending the back door fluttering down until it shut and shuddered. With a click it was all set to go.

I leaned against the back of the truck, staring up at the apartment. So many firsts in there. My independence, my new relationship discovery with Jasper. First 'I love you' with Jasper. I almost didn't want to go, after admitting that to Jasper, it still set with me. I was excited for my new adventure, yet was still sad to see this one go.

Rosenwood had always been my home and now, it was about to become a part of my past. While my parents and Carly would still be here, it wouldn't be my home anymore, not my true home. My true home was wherever Jasper was.

Jasper came to my side as I looked at the apartment from afar. The doors were now locked, the keys in an envelope in a drop slot at the apartment managers office. It killed me to hand over they keys, though I was more than happy to have a place with Jasper that was ours, not mine or his, but ours.

"You doing okay?"

I held onto his forearm. "Yeah," I let out a shaky breath, willing myself to stay strong. It was only an apartment. I heard a sniffle from behind me and realize it wasn't just an apartment I was leaving behind. I gave Jaspers arm a squeeze. "We have to say goodbye."