"You're lovesick. The smile on your face says it all," Deacon teases. "I get it though. Remember Isabelle?"

"Ahhh, your hometown girl," I say.

"I would've run straight to City Hall for that girl," he tells us. "But I ended up with major trust issues."

Deacon avoids expressing his emotions at all costs. This girl must have really messed him up.

"Are you going to do a huge announcement?" Miles asks.

I shake my head. "I don't think we'll be sharing the news with the public anytime soon. We haven't even told our families yet."

"I know this sounds weird, but I just pictured how good looking your kid is going to be. The baby's gonna have fucking good genes. Damn, I'm jealous of an unborn child." We all break out into a fit of laughter.

We go back to watching television and munching on snacks that hockey players shouldn't indulge in. I feel my phone vibrate from the side pocket of my jeans. I slide it out and put in my passcode. I smile when I see a text from Olivia, or should I say Golden Babe because that's what her contact is saved under.

Golden Babe: Hey, are you free this weekend? I don't have any photo shoots or meetings, so maybe we could have dinner again.

I mutter a curse word. Our team is has an away game.

Parker: Unfortunately, the Blaze is challenging the Devils in the Garden State. The team was going to check out the city during the weekend, but I'd be happy to come back on early if it means I'll get to spend Sunday with you.

The little dots dance around my phone screen.

Golden Babe: New Jersey, you say... What a coincidence because my parents are hosting a family dinner that I'm required to attend. How do you feel about meeting the Windsors?

Parker: Count me in.

Golden Babe: Looking forward to it. Although, I must warn you that the my sisters, their husbands, and my nieces and nephews will be there, too.

Parker: The more the merrier, right?

Golden Babe: I don't know about that.

Parker: We'll see. Is jacket required for dinner?

Golden Babe: No, my family isn't that intense... Well, not with attire anyway.

Parker: I'm excited to meet the infamous Windsor sisters.

Golden Babe: You won't be saying that on Sunday.

I stifle a chuckle so Deacon and Miles don't give me weird looks.

Parker: See you on Sunday, Golden Babe.

Golden Babe: Okay, baby daddy ;)

Baby daddy. I like the sound of that.

________________________

a u t h o r ' s   n o t e

comment your prediction about what will happen at the Windsor's