"Olivia's pregnant," I finally reveal.

In slow motion, I watch as Deacon and Miles' mouths drop, their eyes grow wide. Rather than be the concerned friends I thought they'd be, they break out into full bellied laughter. What the fuck?

"You're fucking with us," Deacon playfully smacks me on the chest.

My expression remains still. They think this is a joke—a fucking joke.

"I don't think he's joking," Miles whispers Deacon as if I'm not sitting right next to them.

They room grows silent as my friends wait for an explanation. "Remember when Olivia came to the game two days ago?"

They nod. "Well, I found out that I'm going to be a father in nine months."

"Holy shit," Miles mutters.

"She keeping it?" Deacon asks. I nod.

He blows out a long breath while shaking his head. "You're going to be a dad." Don't I know it.

I catch Miles staring at my face looking all thoughtful. "Why are you staring at me like that? Are you just finding out condoms can break or something?"

He rolls his eyes. "Duh, they're only ninety-eight percent effective. I'm not that dumb."

Deacon smirks. "I beg to differ. Last week, you literally asked us if fish sleep."

Miles chucks a pillow at his face. "I was just picturing Parker as a father." He looks back at me. "Honestly, dude, you're already like the dad of our team."

"Uhm, thanks, I think." I offer him a slight smile, not sure what he means.

"I mean, you're a great role model and leader, you're responsible and caring, and you're nice... even to Andrew, who's annoying as fuck," he says. "What I'm trying to say is, you already have the whole father shebang down. You're going to be a good dad."

Usually, the words that come out of Miles' mouth are idiotic and make me question how I'm friends with a complete weirdo. But now, I'm utterly touched and flattered. "Thanks, man."

"I hate to say it, but Miles is right," Deacon voices. "You've got this in the bag. You give your one and ten percent effort in everything you do. I'm sure fatherhood will be no different."

"I really needed to hear that, guys."

"I gotta ask—how is she going to continue modeling?" Miles questions. "I'm not saying she can't," he clarifies. "But I've never seen a pregnant woman walking a runway."

I haven't either, but if anyone model were to do so, it would be Olivia. I can see her strutting the stage, her stomach big with my baby. The thought puts a smile on my face.

"We haven't exactly discussed all of that," I answer truthfully. "We're just getting to know each other."

"Getting to know each other my ass," Deacon rolls his eyes. "You're already smitten with her." No lie there.

In truth, I really like Olivia. Since I was little, my life revolves around hockey. Getting drafted into the NHL, making it to the playoffs, winning the Stanley Cup. But Olivia—she makes me want more out of life.