New changes

"Hngg... Huh?" Darwin had woken up to find himself in complete darkness, able to walk around without the pain of his leg. "Where am I?.."

In the distance, he found shadows looming over something, but he could barely make it out. As he got closer, he realized the figure cornered by shadows was Gumball. The cat looked frantic and scared, hugging his knees as the shadows trapped him, the beings shouting what appeared to be insults.

"Murderer!"

"Why aren't you locked up yet?!"

"You twisted freak!"

Darwin tried to push the shadows away, but they did not budge, the fish not able to get to the other. "Get away from him!"

Suddenly, Gumball looked up, with the most blank expression the younger boy had ever seen in his life. The shadows by now had backed away, Darwin able to get in, as he let out a horrified gasp.

The cat's eyes turned a dark black, as pairs of metal of what looked like blades on the edges shot out of his back, a few pieces of metal sticking out of his arms and legs, slight red dripping off them. The spider like legs lifted him up off the ground, his hands and feet now clawed. Some of his sweater had been ripped as well, showing a broken heart stuck to his chest, veins coming through out of it over his body. "They did this to me Darwin.."

'Gumball' set his gaze down at the fish, his pupils bright red hearts. He nearly grinned with his rows of sharp teeth, the other taking steps back in fear. "They made me a monster..." 

"No you're not! It's not true, honestly!" Darwin cried out. He shrieked, as the cat pierced through one of the shadows with his bladed metal, blood splattering onto him.

"Then why do I kill?"

"B-Because it's out of fear! Right? You're just afraid of losing me!" The fish was suddenly pinned down, the metal surrounding him. 'Gumball' was inches away from his face, cupping the fish's cheeks in his hands. "Oh Darwin, so naïve, aren't you? I can see why I like you. You realize you're lying to yourself, right? You can't help me, I'm stuck being broken, forever until I well, die."

Darwin struggled in his grasp, tears streaming down his face. "You're not broken Gumball! I can help you! Y-You don't have to be alone anymore!"

"It's too late for that."

The fish screamed, as the metal all of a sudden came crashing down onto him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Darwin let out a short gasp, as he sat up in the hospital bed. Glancing around, he sighed. Only a dream.

"..Wha?.. Wha's goin on?..." The real Gumball was by his side, slightly waking up from the noise. "..Are you okay?.."

"Y-Yeah.. I'm fine. Just, just a nightmare."

"..Do you want to talk about it?.." Gumball finally sat up, wrapping one arm around him. "You can tell me if anything's bugging you.."

"..I.. It's fine, I'm okay.. Probably just shaken up from all that's happened lately.." The fish replied, reluctantly accepting the touch. "You don't have to worry.."

"...I'm sorry if I hurt you.."

"No no, it's not your fault Gumball, trust me. It's just the other stuff like those.. Bad guys.. And Tobias.." He sank back into the covers, the other still, but soon following. "..Goodnight again."

"...Goodnight." Gumball held him closer out of worry, as he drifted off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was the next day, which meant now it was time to head home, Darwin's injury taken care of.