Decisions

It was the next morning, all quiet in the house. The two boys were sound asleep in their respective areas, the room fairly dark as the sun had not yet risen up. Previous decorations from last night were mostly in the trash, though the lights were not, tucked away in a drawer, as well as a few cornflowers being placed on the nightstand.

Gumball was the first to wake up, rubbing his eyes as he quietly slipped out of bed. He was fairly quick to get dressed, his attire consisting of all black, with a hoodie to cover his head. The cat wasn't that dumb, he knew he could be spotted right away if he wasn't in disguise, especially considering his house arrest.

He began making his way to the window, but for a moment, he looked over at Darwin, freezing in his place. Was this plan worth it? Would it truly help his partner be free of bullying? The feline shook the thoughts away, as his heart told him yes.

This has to be done. He has to protect him. He couldn't lose him, not now.

Unbeknownst to him as he climbed to the outside, Darwin sleepily opened his eyes, hearing some of the cat's rather less subtle movements. The goldfish did not say a word yet, but saw him leave, questioning the situation before him. 

The pieces began to fall into place in his head however, as he was fully awake now. Darwin carefully climbed out of his fishbowl, and followed behind the cat quietly, not daring to make a sound. He wasn't going to let this happen again.

Gumball was not aware of his presence, as he continued to stealthily walk through town. He had no weapon on him, at least, not yet. He figured there would be one already there. It should be a fairly easy task. Soon enough, he gazed upon the exterior of the Wilsons' home, seeing a light in what he assumed was Tobias's room in an upstairs window.

Just as he was about to step closer, a hand, or rather fin, yanked him back onto the main sidewalk, and he was soon face to face with Darwin. "W-What the?! Darwin?!"

"What are you doing?!" The goldfish was very much angry, fuming as he dragged him down the sidewalk, the other not bothering to fight. As they arrived home, he let him go, sending the feline onto the carpet. "Gumball how could you?! After everything!"

"D-Darwin wait I can explain, I-I didn't mean to I-I just-"

"What? Didn't care?"

"No that's not it!" Gumball stood up, hood falling down as he watched him with remorse. The last thing he wanted to do was upset him. "Of course I care! Why else would I have gone out?"

"..I said it was fine.. You didn't listen.." Darwin didn't look at him. He didn't want to look at him. "You SAID you were going to tell Mrs. Mom and let her handle it.."

"Darwin he literally HURT you! I couldn't just sit here and let you get beat up like that!"

"So you had to go try and kill him?" Anger was very much in the goldfish's voice, as well as on his face, yet sadness began to overtake it. Everything inside him was practically screaming, all sorts of emotions on his mind right now.

 Gumball wasn't sure what to say at this point, hurt in his eyes as he tried to fix this. He was about to approach the fish, shuffling carefully. "I.. I just..."

"Just what? You say you're just protecting me but what kind of protection is this?!" Darwin looked up, his expression returned to that of heavy rage, as he glared at the other, making the cat freeze in response. "You promised Gumball! You promised not to hurt anyone and you were gonna break it!"

"Darwin I-"

"I TRUSTED you! I love you, and here you are sneaking behind my back for revenge I DON'T want! Why did I even bother staying with you-" The fish slapped a fin over his mouth, eyes wide.