Truth discovered

School had been very difficult to get through without hearing some form of conversation about Rachel. Everyone seemed to talk about her.

It was starting to get to Gumball. It was Rachel this, Rachel that. Pretty much, a lot of Rachel. His guilt was heavy by now, especially with the horrific misunderstanding.

And now's he going to have to deal with the consequences.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was recess time, students heading out to the court.

Gumball didn't really feel like doing anything. Instead, he just silently sat at a bench, watching whatever was going on at the basketball court. However, most of his attention was focused on Darwin, a silent fear in his mind as he made sure nothing was going on. Occasionally he glanced away, once people started giving him funny looks.

"Hey!"

The cat turned to the side, seeing a rather ticked off Tobias. "What?"

"Don't act so innocent! You obviously have something to do with my sister going missing!" The other said angrily.

"No I don't." Gumball wasn't really sure how to respond to this, sneaking quick glances toward his friend as to make sure he wasn't listening. Tobias noticed.

The rainbow haired boy forced him to look at him, stepping right into his direction. "Can you stop staring at that stupid fish and listen?!"

This definitely caught the feline's attention. Rage slowly built up inside him. "Look dude, I don't have anything to do with her. Just leave me alone okay?"

"What's with you?" Tobias questioned with disgust. "You don't care about the fact that someone's freaking missing?"

"SHUT UP! IT'S NOT MY FAULT YOUR SISTER'S DEAD!!" Realizing what he had said, Gumball slapped a hand over his mouth, his eyes wide in fear. He just revealed the truth.

It seemed the whole court was silent, the words practically being screamed across the yard. Everyone, was looking right at them.

"Dead?.." Tobias was still angry, but more or less horrified by what he had just heard. "What do you mean dead? Wait, what did you do to her?!"

Gumball had gotten up from the bench, and began backing away. Admittedly he was beginning to tremble with dread. "I-I didn't-" 

"Stop lying! You killed her!" The other shouted. All eyes were definitely on them now.

"I didn't kill her!" Gumball quickly glanced over towards the school doors. He had to get out of here. Before the blue cat could move, Tobias punched him square in the face, sending him to the ground. His vision blurred, but he could still somewhat see.

He tried getting up, but Tobias only kept throwing punches. The feline fought back, kicking the other boy, while struggling to get free. He felt blood trickling down his face, probably from getting hit in the nose.

"Guys stop!"

Gumball looked up to see Darwin now at his aid, trying to pry him and Tobias away from each other. The cat felt a slight blush forming in his cheeks, seeing how close his best friend was, though tried to shake away the feeling. If anything, something awful rather was stirring inside him.

Gosh darn it not now!! 

The jock pushed the goldfish away with a scowl. "Stay out of this!"

Now enraged, Gumball unsheathed his claws and lunged towards Tobias, slashing the boy across the face. He continuously scratched and scratched, not stopping for one second. Other noises around him were muffled; He didn't hear what anyone was saying.