[𝑟𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑣𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑝𝑎𝑠𝑡] (18) ✓

Start from the beginning

"Forgive me, you just remind me of someone." Elijah apologizes as he snaps out of his gaze, not entirely sure if he wasn't dreaming. It didn't seem real to have the woman in front of him. Tatia's doppleganger but also the woman who his brother was going to sacrifice, unbeknownst to Cassandra. The girl knew of their past with Tatia but she only thinks they needed Katerina's blood for a spell. They didn't tell her about the girls certain death.

"Pleasure my lord." Katerina says with a small smile on her lips, her eyes roaming over the man obviously liking what she was seeing. Cassandra smirks a little bit, maybe Elijah would finally open up and allow some love into his life.

"The pleasures mine, Katerina."

"I-i can't. I can't breathe." He gasps out as he returns to reality. His eyes move to the two girls who were just watching him freak out. "What's happening to me?" Elijah asks as he lets out a pained noise making Cassandra flinch as a frown forms on her face. She didn't like seeing him in pain no matter what he had done.

"Elijah." She says softly as she bends down to him, her hands moving to either side of his face. For a split second, Elijah could feel the pain fade only for it to resurface but keeping his eyes locked on Cassandra helped a little bit. Elena was just watching the interaction, noticing how the girl was rubbing his cheek with her thumb, her forehead almost touching his. It surprised them both at the girls sudden affection but Cassandra only did it because she wanted to help him with pain.

"I cant--i can't be in this house." He admits as he keeps gasping to catch his breath which he couldn't. Cassandra furrows her eyebrows for a little minute, looking back at Elena. Elijah was gripping onto the girls shirt, pulling her closer. Cassandra allowed him as she was trying to think of why he would be feeling like this. She had seen Klaus undagger his siblings before and this has never happened.

"You're not invited in." Elena says as realization hits her. Elijah groans as he grips at his head. Cassandra remembers that Elena had signed a form, the house was technically hers. No vampire could enter without permission and since Elijah was already inside the house, he was suffocating.

"Get me out of here." Elijah tells them in a harsh voice as he starts to vamp speed, only to go into the wall. Cassandra snorts a little bit but Elena only sends her a look telling her it wasn't the time. The vampire rolls her eyes before making her way over Elijah and grabbing a hold of him. She vamp speeds them both out of the house before getting back inside. Elena rushed up the stairs and towards Cassandra who was watching Elijah as he coughed on the ground. He glances up at them before speeding towards them but being stopped by the invisible barrier. Elijah glares at both of them, banging on the hinges of the door.

"What happen--" He begins to ask as his hands stay on the doors, heavy breaths leaving his lips. If Cassandra wasn't so pissed off at him, that would have been a turn on because he looked hot at that moment but her anger trumped that.

"Shh." She cuts his off as she points to her ear and then upwards, indicating that the Salvatore brothers were still in the house. "I'll tell you. Not here." Elena promises as she couldn't risk Stefan and Damon overhearing them and then redaggering the man. "Can I trust you?" She asks him in a whisper as she glances at Cassandra who had been trying not to make eye contact with Elijah the entire time

"Can I trust you?" Elijah hisses back, a glare set on his face as he stares at the girls. No doubt he was angry but he got what he had deserved. Cassandra only rolls her eyes a little bit but a startled expression makes its way on her face when she notices Elena holding the dagger out to the man.