[𝑟𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑣𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑝𝑎𝑠𝑡] (18) ✓

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN× reliving the past ×

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
× reliving the past ×

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

IT HAD BEEN OVER AN HOUR SINCE ELENA HAD UNDAGGERED ELIJAH AND THE MAN HAD STILL YET TO WAKE UP. Neither girl dared to speak a word in fear of the Salvatore's hearing them and wondering what they were doing. Cassandra knew it would take the man extra time to come back since he had been daggered for quite a bit. She didn't know if he would be angry at her or not, she wasn't there when he was daggered but he had to have known she had something to do with it. But she was still beyond furious with him so he had no room to take his frustration out on her. Plus, they had a bigger problem. Klaus.

A gasp makes both of them jump as they notice Elijah finally beginning to go back to his normal color, moving around ever so slightly. "Elijah?" Elena asks in shock as she kneels down next to him. Elijah looks around, disoriented and confused before his gaze lands on Elena, his whole body freezing at the sight.

"Katerina." Elijah gasps out as he stares eyes wide at the doppleganger in front of him. She shares a look with Cassandra who furrows her eyebrows for a second. She bends down, resting her hands on the man's shoulders trying to bring him back to reality but it didn't seem to be working.

"Cassandra, you are back." Elijah says as his eyes settle on the raven haired woman before him. A warm smile makes its way onto his face as he pulls the girl in for a hug. What he would give to be able to call her his or to kiss her in front of everyone is infinite. But with his brother in the picture, he knew that it would be a very slim chance. Cassandra had left for about two weeks, not giving the brothers a clear indication of where she was going but saying that it was a surprise and that there was someone who they needed to meet.

"I am indeed. Now where is your brother?" She asks as she glances around the room, not seeing her lover anywhere present.

"He is coming down soon." Elijah tells her, trying to keep his internal annoyance down. Cassandra nods slightly as she wanted to introduce the woman to both of them at the same time. "Where is this mystery girl you are so eager for us to meet?" He asks with a small smirk as he takes a step closer to her. Cassandra looks at him eagerly, excited to finally contribute something as it seemed that she was always just on the sidelines, watching the brothers.

"Right this way." Cassandra tells him as she grabs Elijah's arm and pulls his towards the girl she wanted him to meet. Elijah furrows his eyebrows a little bit, confused what the big deal was. That was until the woman turned around. A small gasp leaves his lips as his eyes roam over the girls face, memories running through his head of his former love. "Katerina, may I introduce to you, the Lord Elijah." She says as she glances between the two. Elijah was staring wide eyed at the woman standing in front of him. Never believing that she was really real. Katerina was gazing back at him, a stunned expression on her face as the man in front of her was truly magnificent.