[𝑎 𝑑𝑜𝑢𝑏𝑡𝑓𝑢𝑙 𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦] (16) ✓

CHAPTER SIXTEEN×a doubtful ally×

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
×a doubtful ally×

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

AFTER A VERY LONG SHOWER THE NEXT MORNING, Cassandra walks out of Damon's room only to see Katherine and Elena both standing with the Salvatore brothers. She just got a call from Klaus and now she had to deal with Katherine again. But of course she was let out of the tomb whenever Elijah died. The compulsion wore off. If that was Cassandra, she would've taken the opportunity to run. Far far away from where Klaus was planning to go. "Why are you still here?" She asks with a groan as she gives the woman a slight look of disgust. Making her way over to Damon, she stands next to him as she pours herself a glass of alcohol.

"I want to help." Katherine says like it's the most obvious thing in the world earning a laugh from Cassandra. There was no way that she was sticking around just to help them, not with the knowledge that Klaus may show up at anytime.

"Katherine Pierce doesn't help." She scoffs as she crosses her arms against her chest. The brunette was slightly offended that the girl didn't trust her anymore but she didn't let it show.

"Dont be so hostile." Katherine tells her with a pout, running a finger up her arm. Cassandra only glares at the woman before speeding her against a wall, her hand clasped around the girls throat. Katherine chokes a little bit but a sly smirk makes its way onto her face as she lets her eyes roam over the girl. They were so close they could feel each other's breath.

"Cassandra." Stefan warns because as much as they all wanted her dead, she could be used as leverage against Klaus. Cassandra reluctantly lets the girl go, letting her breathe as Katherine gulps slightly.

"I forgot what a bad temper you had." Katherine teases with a smirk as she looks the girl up and down once. Cassandra only moves towards her again but Damon wraps an arm around her in attempt to stop her. Luckily, Cassandra stopped on her own, giving Damon a side glance before backing off.

"What is she doing here?" Elena asks after a moment, not wanting Katherine anywhere near her after everything she's tried to pull the last few weeks.

"When we killed Elijah it broke the compulsion and freed the little bitch from the tomb." Damon states with an eye roll as he gestures to the vampire who was only smirking at them. Cassandra wanted so badly to just wipe that smug look off of her face.

"How is that possible?" Stefan asks with a slight groan as he hated the woman being here as much as everyone else. Cassandra internally slapped herself for not remembering that killing an original undoes all compulsion but how was she supposed to remember things from hundreds of years ago.