Chapter 2: The Gala

The mane 6 just finished their traditional Gala song, just like the one they sang at their very first Gala. Discord joined them this year as this was his very first Gala! Everypony thought about having a blast, Discord on the other paw, was already getting looks. He frowned and looked to the ground, lost in thought. Just GREAT!!!!! Another Gala and I'm already being despised AGAIN!!!!!! I haven't even done any chaos! Where is a princess to put these perfect piffy ponies in order when you need one!

"DISCORD!" Twilight said, interrupting his thoughts.

"Yes?" He snapped

"Were you even listening to me?"

"Ummm... Was I supposed to?"

"I suppose not, but do you want to hear what I have to say?"

"Sure?" He said unsure of what was coming to him.

"I've seen how distressed you look and if you want, later at my castle we can talk."

"Really? You think I'm that down to were I have to grabble at your hooves to get you to talk to me? If that's the case," Discord said looking at the floor,"You're correct Princess Twilight. I know my nature isn't supposed to do this but there's something really bugging me and I need a friend to consult in, other than Fluttershy, sure she's there for me but- I SOUND LIKE A WALKING SOFTY!!!!!!!" When the mane 6 heard his outburst (along with Spike), they all burst into laughter. Discord glanced at Fluttershy and started laughing at himself too. When Twilight gained her composier, she said,"Well I'd be happy to help, you're my 'subject' and friend. I-"

"Friend?! You forgive me after what I did with Tirek?"

"I think I speak for all of us when I say we forgive you."

"Than-" Discord began

"Princess Twilight Sparkle! May we speak with you?" asked a rich pink mare with a dark magenta mane.

"O-Of corse. What's wrong?"

"Why would you invite such a beast, a revolting beast at that, to the Gala!!" She flashed a horrible glare at Discord and other ponies chimed in with the insults.

"EVERYPONY! Calm down! Discord isn't a-" The pink mare marched off at the sound of Discord's name.

"You don't have to defend me Twilight, I see how it is and that's fine." He let his ears droop along with his head. When has Discord, the master of chaos, ever let an insult get to him? He's been so unlike himself these past few days.

"TWILIGHT!" Fluttershy yelled (actually an earsplitting yell)

"What Fluttershy?"

"What's wrong with Discord?! He just ran off into the garden and didn't even acknowledge me other that looking at me with tears in his eyes! He looked really hurt but he isn't this soft! It's like I'm rubbing off on him!"

"Fluttershy, Discord seems embarrassed, not sinsitive."

"How?"

"When that mare said that,a lot of ponies looked at him and started chanting 'monster', 'beast', any kind of insult that would usually get Discord angry, but this had a more, tender affect on him. I'll go talk to him"

"Me t-"

"No Fluttershy, just me."

"But I'm his best friend too!" She tried to argue

"I know, but I think i know what's bothering him. Depending on what it is, I may or may not tell you."

***

"Discord?"

"What Twilight?"

"You're scared you're going to loose her, aren't you?" How did she guess?!

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Really, you don't think I know about you're thing with a certain yellow pegusas?"

"Who, Fluttershy?"

"NO! Rainbow Dash! Because she is yellow and you too are the best of friends!"

"But Rainbow and I- OH, sarcasam! I'm rubbing off on you! I'm so proud Princess Twilight!" Discord smirked

"Yea! Yea!"

"Wait how do you know I like her? WAIT, did she tell you she likes me?!"

"No, well- not directly. But I have seen you both do the goggly eyed thing to eachother..."

"Really?! She likes me?" Discord looked at the alicorn.

"Well, I think but..." Twilight started to say

"Should I talk to her?" Discord interupted

"I think so..." She said awkwardly

"If you don't like it, I guess...-"

"No! No! No! This will make both of you happy, you have my blessing."

"T-T-Thank you so much Twilight! You have no idea how much this means to me!" He hugged Twilight then let go.

"I'm still a mushy draconequus." He shook the thought away and walked back inside the castle, head held high.

"Oh goodness! Discord are you okay?" Fluttershy ran up and hugged him.

"Yes my lo- DEAR! Yes my dear!" He caught himself before he said 'love'.

"What was wrong?" Fluttershy asked, concerned

"Nothing"

"Discord, I know better."

"You do? Hmm..." He leaned down and kissed her, then immdately backed up and rubbed the back of his neck with his lion paw, looking awkwardly at his friend. He slightly chuckled then closed his eyes. He then felt a soft kiss on his cheek and he opened his eyes to see that Fluttershy kissed his back. He grabbed her waist while she was in the air, and they kissed each other on the lips. Twilight walking in and saw them, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie noticed too. Applejack whistled and Rainbow Dash and Rarity cringed. Fluttershy pushed away from Discord and blushed.

"I love you." They said together.