Chapter 9: FIRE!!!

"Everypony!!! Head outside towards the train station!" Twilight yelled.

"I'll see what I can do Twilight, and -"

"Repeat after me Discord, If the fire gets too bad, I will get out, cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye."

"If the fire gets too bad, I will get out." Twilight raised her eyebrow to Discord as he didn't say the Pinkie Promise.

"Don't expect me o do that silly promise thing,". The fire roars behind them and Discord shoved Twilight towards the door.

"Go Twilight, I will do what I can here." Without waiting for her reply, he walked just outside the room that held the fire. He snapped his lion paw and he expected to see water to poor the fire out, he didn't see water and the fire burst outside the room. Then he snapped for a fire extinguisher, again nothing. Okay this is ridiculous. He snapped his fingers to escape, but he stayed where he was. That's not good... He tried again, still there. RUN!!!!!!!!!! He tripped over a chair and the fire surrounded him. Good bye my dears. He closed his eyes and waited for what he figured would be his death.

***

"WHERE IS HE!!!!!! DISCORD!!!!" Fluttershy called through the crowd, no one answered.

"Twilight, where is he!!!" Fluttershy cried to the princess.

"He hasn't come out yet, maybe he's about to." They continued to watch the entrance, when a firepony noticed them.

"Princess Twilight, is something bothering you?"

"Umm, yes, my friend, Discord, we can't find him."

"Does he have many animal parts on him?"

"YES!!! Have you seen him?" Fluttershy pushed Twilight out of the way then muttered sorry.

"He's on the stretcher, he got a very high degree burn from being trapped inside a barrier of fire,"

"WHAT!!!!" Both mares gasped

"H-how could this happen? I told him to get out if things got bad!"

"We managed to get this footage from the room." The tape rolled back to where Discord was trying to summon things to put out the fire.

"H-his magic, it didn't work!!!!"

"You know as well as I do Fluttershy, that his magic is different from other magic."

"But it always works for him, he knows how to control it!"

"If you want to come with us to the hospital, come now." with that, Fluttershy and Twilight left with the fireponies.

***

"He'll be okay, he'll be okay," Fluttershy tried to convince herself.

"He's still breathing, I think he's fine, for now" she added the last part to herself. Discord coughed in a loud hacking fit, this made Fluttershy look up at her husband. I need you Discord!!! Don't leave me please! Fluttershy watched as Discord's ear twitched, then his body shook. Is that supposed to be a magical imbalance? She opened her mouth to say something but Discord answered her question when he mumbled, "Can't you leave me in peace for 5 minutes, Tirek?" He opened his eyes and saw where he was.

"Why am I-" He coughed again.

"You've already forgotten you were in a horrible fire?"

"Oh, the fire," his ears dropped,"right" he glanced at his paw and claw and saw how charred they looked, he then remembered what caused him to look like this.