Chapter 1: Preparing

Discord had been granted his own throne in Princess Twilight Sparkle's castle. It's about time too! Discord thought. Everyone was on their thrones, Spike included with them all.

"Is anypony going to tell me why I'm here?" Discord demanded

"We need your help Discord." Twilight stated

"Help? What do you need help with your majesty?" He mocked

"Ugh! I think you know, the gala planning?!" Rainbow Dash snapped

"Do I have to do everything miss newly made Wonderbolt?"

"Look Discord, you don't like me, I don't like you-"

"Ummmm Dashie, I don't think you should talk like that."

"Yes, Pinkie's right, you said it yourself, he's reformed but not th- OH FLUTTERSHY! WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MANE!?"

"I've been twirling it... Rarity, it's just a mane, you don't have to make a fuss." As Rarity was about to speak, she clearly thought the better of it and stopped herself.

"So what do you want me to do at the Gala?" Discord asked

"Princess Celestia asked me to ask you if you could make a place of Chaos? You know kind of like a haunted house? This year we are letting the little ones go to the Gala and I think they would like it if there's some excitement there, and since the princess asked you to do it, I think she thinks its a good idea too!" Twilight clapped her hooves together, "are you in?"

"Yes Princess Twilight." Discord murmered staring at Fluttershy's messed up mane. Did she do that to get my attention? Because she did well if that was the case. While Discord pondered this question, Fluttershy was looking at his lion paw. What do I do?! He's looking at me! hummmmmmmmmmmmm...

"So what is it we are going to do for the Gala?" Discord asked while the mares answered him with what their part of the Gala was. (Rarity=decorations and dresses, Rainbow Dash=Sonic Rainboom (she was on break from the Wonderbolts for a week so she could help plan the Gala), Pinkie Pie=songs and dances, Twilight Sparkle=welcomer and hostis, Applejack=food and drinks, Fluttershy=critter help and possible singer)