⁽ ⁰⁶ ⁾ "ꜰᴏʀᴍɪᴅᴀʙʟᴇ ᴏᴘᴘᴏɴᴇɴᴛs"

A/N: Hello, readers! Welcome to another chapter! Enjoy!

edited on november 12th, 2020 @ 10:22pm

»»————- ⚜ ————-««

CHAPTER SIX - FORMIDABLE OPPONENTS

SEIYA WAS IN THE GYM along with the rest of the team as they were doing some practice. Seiya had already completed his serves that they all had to do. Right now, it was Hinata who was the last one to do his.

"Back follow! Get in there!"

Seiya snapped out of his thoughts when he heard Ukai yell, "Don't just stand there and watch." Ukai scolds Hinata.

"I'm sorry." Hinata apologized.

"'This is my last chance.' Always tell yourself that." Ukai informed as Kiyoko handed Ukai a volleyball. "Give it all you got." Ukai added as he spikes down as Hinata went to save it but failed.

"If you don't, the one you wasted could cost you the match!" Ukai exclaimed down at the orange haired first year. Seiya couldn't help but recall last night when they got back from being defeated by Nekoma.

"Everyone, you all did a good job in today's matches against Nekoma. Inter-High preliminaries begin next month on June 2nd." Takeda spoke up.

"There are no district preliminaries in Miyagi, so we go straight to prefectural preliminaries. Out of about 60 teams in the prefecture, only one will go to Nationals. Lose one match and the journey ends. If you want to take revenge on Nekoma, you must take first place in Miyagi. There's no other way. Second place won't cut it." Ukai explained.

"Of course, they'll have to win the battle to represent Tokyo, as well." Ukai smirked.

"Those guys can do it." Tanaka assured as Nishnoya nodded.

"Yeah. They're strong." He added.

"Another match against Nekoma..." Seiya thought, as he narrowed his eyes in determination at the thought.

Seiya watched as Ukai spikes down the ball to Hinata who somewhat saves it. Hinata falls down. "Nice, Hinata." Tanaka exclaimed proudly.

"Get up quickly. One more." Ukai ordered.

"Yes, thank you." Hinata shouted back, quickly getting up to save more volleyballs.

The team practiced longer, working on their serves, spikes, and sets. It was hard work but hopefully it would be worth it.

»»————- ⚜ ————-««

It was the end of practice, as Seiya noticed it was dark outside now. He gave Kageyama his water bottle as he thanked him and starts gulping it down.

"You're right. That's amazing." Seiya heard Nishinoya exclaim, making everyone turn to him. Nishinoya, Tanaka, and Sugawara were sitting together looking at a magazine.

"The picture's huge."

"Yeah!"

"What, what?"

Hinata, Kageyama, and Seiya all walked over as did Asahi who gasps when he looks down at the magazine. "What? What's that?" Hinata asked.

"Look." Tanaka says holding the magazine to Hinata who takes the magazine to read it.

"Shiratorizawa's Ushiwaka is among three most-noticed high schoolers in the whole country." Tanaka informed as Seiya glanced at the cover.