⁽ ²² ⁾ "ɢʀᴇᴇᴅ"

A/N: Hello, readers! Welcome to another chapter! Enjoy!

edited on august 4th, 2021 @ 6:50am

»»————- ⚜ ————-««

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO - GREED

"GATHER 'ROUND!" Daichi shouted as Karasuno ran towards their coach. They were about to play a game with Nekoma, so all of them had determined looks.

"Our first game today is with Nekoma. How did we do yesterday?" Ukai asked before he asked Kiyoko for some of her notes from yesterday's games.

Kiyoko gets her notebook before flipping through the pages. "This will be our third set overall with Nekoma. Yesterday, we had two sets against them and lost both, 17-25 and 19-25." She informed, making Seiya sigh in disappointment at the low scores.

"Overall, that's not bad. But I know we have more potential." Seiya thought.

"Well, that just means we haven't won a set off of them yet. But if we calm down and give it all we've got; we should be able to give them a good challenge." Ukai smiled as Seiya noticed him glancing over at Nekoma who were surrounding their own coach.

"Hinata and Kageyama, this is your first Nekoma set in a while, isn't it? You guys go beat them up a bit!" Ukai encouraged.

"Right!" Kageyama and Hinata shouted in unison.

TWEEEEET!

Karasuno turned around as they headed off onto the court to play. Tanaka was on the sides while Seiya was in.

As they wait for the whistle to blow, Seiya was stretching out his muscles. "Nice serve, Fukunaga!" Yaku's voice broke Hideaki out of his thoughts as he looked towards the opposing team.

However, his eyes were more fixed on Lev who was smirking at Hinata. Seiya looked over at his junior who wasn't smirking back but instead just narrowed his eyes at the tall male on the other side of the court.

Lev's eyes trailed over to Seiya, who flinched when he saw the red head's mismatched eyes already glaring at him. He gulped and looked away.

"Come on! Bring it!" Hinata exclaimed once everyone was ready to begin. Karasuno faced down their destined rivals with them giving them the same determination back.

»»————- ⚜ ————-««

The ball was up in the air as Nishinoya dived down to receive it. "Nice receive!" Tanaka called out from the sides, as the ball made it's way towards Kageyama who sets to Hinata and the duo do their famous quick attack, making Karasuno score a point.

"All right!"

"Damn it, that's amazing!" Seiya heard Lev announce, amazed by the attack.

"Shake it off, Lev! That was close!" Yamamoto yelled to him.

"Yes sir!" Lev replied as Seiya narrowed his eyes as the volleyball was served once more. The volleyball goes back and forth from both teams, as Daichi crouched down and saved it.

"Nice receive, Daichi!" Tanaka praised. Seiya noticed Hinata run forward and jump up.

Kageyama and Hinata do their attack once more, except this time, Lev was able to read the attack as he used his height to successfully block the ball. Nekoma gains a point when the ball lands on Karasuno's side.

"All right!"

"He actually did it!"

Seiya panted as he had his eyes narrowed. He glanced back to Hinata who had his back faced to him, so he couldn't tell what expression he had. Lev was walking by to get his original position, but he stopped to stare at the orange haired male, at first nothing happened between the two, until Seiya lift his arm up and did a motion for Hinata to come at him.