⁽ ⁴⁷ ⁾ "ɪɴᴅɪᴠɪᴅᴜᴀʟ ᴠs ɴᴜᴍʙᴇʀs"

A/N: Hello, readers! Welcome to another chapter! Enjoy!

edited on january 24th, 2022 @ 4:24am

»»————- ⚜ ————-««

CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN - INDIVIDUAL VS NUMBERS

SHIRATORIZAWA'S CHEERING SQUAD COULD BE heard as the third set began. Daichi was the first to serve. "Daichi, nice serve!" Seiya called out. Daichi served the ball as Leon crouched down to receive it.

"Cover!"

Shirabu tosses the ball to Ushijima who spikes it past Tsukishima and Asahi, making Shiratorizawa get the first point.

"Don't mind! We're going to keep pushing through!" Daichi said.

"Right!" Nishinoya and Seiya yelled back.

The game resumed as Shirabu tossed over to Tendou, who spiked past Hinata. Asahi tried to receive it but failed as Shiratorizawa got another point.

Soon enough, Shiratorizawa took the third set with Karasuno only having 18 points. "Damn it..." Seiya muttered to himself.

Daichi clapped, getting the red head's attention. "Next! We'll get the next one!" He reassured.

"Are you all right, Nishinoya?" Asahi asked, holding his hand out, but stopped when Nishinoya had a dark look.

"There's no getting around the fact that the bigger you are, the greater your advantage is in volleyball." Nishinoya commented. "And right now, there's no one bigger than him. But that means nothing to a libero. The only one that's equal to him is me."

Both teams went over to switch sides as Karasuno gathered around Ukai.

"All right. Have a seat. Rest while you can. I'm sure you're finally getting used to both the finals and Shiratorizawa's cannon. What you're doing is technically not wrong. Don't get confused. I know you're probably tired, but always remember to keep your blocks together. With scattered blocks, you won't just be unable to stop the spike, but you'll get in the way of the receiver, too." Ukai explained. "With both offense and defense, using your numbers to create an advantage will lead to victory. Don't forget that."

"Right!"

TWEEEEEET!

Both teams got back onto the court as Goshiki was up to serve. Goshiki threw the ball up as he did his jump serve. "Out!" Seiya shouted. He turned out to be correct as the ball went out.

"Lucky! Lucky!"

Daichi was up to serve as he threw the ball into the air in which Leon tossed it back up. Shirabu tossed the ball towards Ushijima.

Tsukishima and Asahi jumped up to block as Nishinoya received the ball. "Nice receive!" Kageyama complimented as he tossed the ball towards Asahi who spiked it down and gained a point for Karasuno.

"All right!"

Asahi and Nishinoya slapped their hands together in victory before slapping Tsukishima on the back.

Karasuno was now in the lead by two points. Shiratorizawa scored a point when Tendou spiked the ball and Daichi was late on receiving it.

Hinata jumped up and spiked past Tendou as Yamagata received it. Shirabu tossed over to Goshiki as Hinata and Kageyama jumped up to block him. However, Goshiki hits the outside as he gained a point for Shiratorizawa.

"He went through there?!" Hyuga exclaimed.

"All right. That shot was amazing. It was amazing, but..." Daichi began. "That just means we have to use another method to get a point."