⁽ ³⁴ ⁾ "ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀ"

A/N: Hello, readers! Welcome to another chapter! Enjoy!

edited on october 27th, 2021 @ 8:48am

»»————- ⚜ ————-««

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR - THE BATTLE WITHOUT WILL POWER

"SAWAMURA-SAN!"

"Daichi!"

"Daichi!"

Everyone who was on the court surrounded Daichi in concern, as Ukai hurries over to check on him, Seiya watched as Daichi sits up. "Ow..." He groaned.

"Where were you hit?" Ukai asked, as Daichi took a second to reply.

"M-My face?" Daichi replied, but seemed unsure as Takeda ran over.

"Sawamura-kun, where are you right now?" Takeda questioned, making sure he didn't have amnesia.

"Sendai City Gymnasium." Daichi responded.

"Who are we playing right now?"

"W-WakuNan. I'm fine!"

"But it appears that you've hit your head, so go to the medical office for now."

"Right!"

Seiya saw that Daichi had an unpleased expression, as Takeda then placed his hand on Daichi's shoulder. "Go confirm that you're all right. That is the fastest path back to the game." Takeda stated as Daichi's eyes soften.

"Yes, sir." He agreed.

Daichi stands up as Kiyoko was beside him. "Blood..." She pointed out, making Seiya widen his eyes when he saw blood drip from Daichi's mouth.

"Did you cut your lip?" Ukai asked. However, Daichi didn't respond as Seiya cringed a little when his boyfriend spat a tooth from his mouth.

Kiyoko was tending to him, as Ukai turned to Takeda. "Sir, can I leave you to take care of the rest?" Ukai asked as Takeda nodded in reply. Seiya sees Tanaka walk over to Daichi in guilt.

"D-Daichi-san... I'm sorr—" Tanaka began to apologize but Daichi interrupted him.

"Sorry, Tanaka." Daichi said, causing Tanaka to stare at him. "I saw you coming in to cover, but my body had a will of its own and plunged in. But look..."

Seiya followed his gaze to see the scoreboard.

"Because of that one point you took back, we're at the 20-point mark now."

Seiya watched as Daichi gave a soothing pat on Tanaka's arm, before walking away as Tanaka stayed silent.

"He's always so strong and reliable in matches. I hope Ryunosuke doesn't feel guilty the entire game." Seiya thinks to himself before taking a drink from his water bottle, since they had taken a timeout since Daichi was injured.

"Daichi." Seiya called out as Daichi stopped by him. "Stop your worrying."

Daichi was taken aback. "Huh?" He questioned.

"I've known you since childhood, Daichi. You're worried about us. We may not have a captain for a while but place your trust in us, okay?" Seiya lightly pounds Daichi's back with his fist. "Let us take it from here."

Daichi used his left fist to pound Seiya's back in return. "Give them hell, Sei." He promised.

"Don't I always?" Seiya smiled as he watched Daichi leave the court.

They had to make a decision on who would replace Daichi in the game, at first it was going to be difficult until Sugawara suggested someone that came as a surprise to others.