⁽ ²⁷ ⁾ "ɢᴇᴀʀs"

A/N: Hello, readers! Another chapter is here! Enjoy!

edited on september 1st, 2021 @ 4:46pm

»»————- ⚜ ————-««

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN - GEARS

SEIYA WAS PULLED TO HUDDLE with his teammates by Nishinoya, who swung his arm around him to prevent him from moving away, making him grumble and sigh in defeat.

"This is the final set. We've been losing throughout this training camp. We'll rip at least one set away from Fukurōdani, the most powerful team at this camp, before going home!" Daichi encouraged as his team smiled at his comment.

"Yeah!"

They all pulled apart and turned to stare at Fukurōdani, who looked back at them, with Bokuto challenging smiling at them.

Seiya saw Akaashi glancing at him and giving him a nod of encouragement, to which he returned.

"Let's play!" Karasuno shouted at the opposing team as they get onto the court. Tsukishima was beside Seiya with his hands behind his head, Tanaka was on the sides at the moment.

"We're gonna get this one!" Daichi announced.

"Yeah!"

"All right! Bring it, Karasuno!" Bokuto challenged, the referee blew the whistle as Asahi was serving the volleyball.

"Asahi, nice serve!" Nishinoya called out.

Seiya watched as Asahi did his jump serve. Seiya thought they were going to get the point but Fukurōdani's libero saved it.

"Bokuto-san!"

"Right!"

Seiya watched as Akaashi sets to Bokuto, as Tsukishima moves to the sides near, Kageyama blocked the attack.

"Left, Number 4!" Daichi shouted. Seiya watched as the duo jumped and blocked Bokuto who blinked in surprise.

"Out!" Fukurōdani's libero exclaimed, as the ball went out.

"All right!"

"Damn it, we were so close." Seiya thought with a frown as he glanced at Tsukishima with a smirk. "At least he remembered what Kuroo had taught him."

"You guys keep getting better every day, and it's annoying." Seiya heard Bokuto mumble, making him chuckle.

They played a few more rounds with Karasuno at 5 points and Fukurōdani at 6.

"Left, left!"

Asahi spiked the ball but Konoha saves it. Seiya watched as Akaashi follows the ball into the air and tosses it to a spiker on his team as he slammed it down and got a point.

"Break it off after the first one!" Kinoshita shouts from the sidelines.

Seiya watched as Bokuto moved up front, he kept his eyes on the ball as it goes up and it was served. "Nishinoya!" Daichi called out as Nishinoya received it.

"Nice receive!" Seiya praised as Kageyama sets the ball up and Tsukishima slams it down, but the ball got saved by the libero.

"Nice, Saru! Give me the last one!"

Asahi runs over and aids Tsukishima and Kageyama as the three block Bokuto's spikes, however Bokuto did a cut shot, Seiya dived down to try and save it, but the ball was quick.

"Talk about an insane cut shot." Seiya thinks to himself, blinking in shock as he got up.

"All right! Did you see that, Akaashi? Hey, did you see my awesome cut shot just now?"