꧂ Chapter 6

Yeona's POV

"I'm not ready yet!" Eunchae shouts when I knocked on her apartment door across from mine at the first day of high school. She opens it. I don't know why she thinks she's not ready yet because what I can see is her gorgeously looking in our new uniform with perfectly done hair. She basically just have to wear her shoes and we can go. "I haven't put my things in my bag yet."

"Oh. Then let me come in and wait for you." I said.

She shakes her head worriedly. "No. You have to go downstairs first."

"Why?"

"Because Huijun is waiting. I think he's there already and you have to be there before Seongjun does or he'll bombard him with questions. It'll be embarrassing!"

"No, it wouldn't." I said. "Besides that'll help them get to know each other. That's what you want, right?"

"Welll, yes but not like that." She said. "It'll be the first time they meet and Seongjun will be on overprotective mode. It'll scare Huijun off."

I sigh. "Fine."

"Thank you! You're the best! Be there in a sec!"

When she shut the door close, I sluggishly walk towards the elevator. I didn't even expect this. Huijun lives at the opposite direction of school. Did he came all the way here just so he could walk with Eunchae on the first day? Lucky her.

It's been a month since we first met. I mean, since we officially first met. Eunchae talked about him so much that it was far more easier when I didn't know who he was. It allows me to still fantasize about bus boy and how we'll meet again. I could curl around my little ball of hope of us having a connection and be perfect for each other one day.

But I know who he is now. He's Noh Huijun, and he's Eunchae's. At one point in the past month, they decided to start dating. It was bound to happen anyways but when she told me and Seongjun about it, it had still hurt like needles pricking through my heart.

I keep telling myself that it'll all be fine once I get used to seeing them together, that the connection wasn't real at all, and that we aren't for each other because we aren't really compatible. I mean he's dating Eunchae now, the complete opposite of me.

But it only keeps getting worse. Because I'm lying to myself and to my best friend. Everyday I look at her, I only see myself as a liar. I don't even want to admit it, but I am extremely jealous of her. I feel hideous about at. I know I haven't done anything wrong and I try my best to still be a good friend.

I'm sure Eunchae still have no idea that there is anything wrong, although that's probably because I always find reasons to decline her invitations to hang out with Huijun and Seungmin. And that only goes back to what I am now: a liar.

Today, I can't avoid him any longer. When I reached the elevator, I hesitate and turn around to use the stairs. It'll buy me some time even though it's just one flight down because we live only on the second floor. I also hope that Seongjun was already there. I should've knocked on his door to make sure. Should I go back? No. Eunchae might catch me and ask what I was doing. Besides, even though I am dreading to be alone with Huijun, part of me is sparking with anticipation at the idea of seeing him and being close to him. I'm so sorry, Eunchae.

Huijun's smile was wide when he turns around at the sound of my footsteps. Then he turn it several notches down when he saw that it's just me. But he's still smiling.

"Hi." I said.

"Hi." He said.

"Uhm...Eunchae sent me to tell you that she's still not ready. It won't take too long, though."