XI

Christmas and Louis' birthday rush by completely overshadowed by what must be the New York City event of the season. If he thought the wedding planning was bad before then it was catastrophic now. The house was constantly busy with event planners. 

Today Louis spotted his mom for all of four seconds canoodling with Bobby over his new step father's desk. He stood awkwardly in the doorway clearing his throat to announce his arrival.

His mother turned quickly, a scarlet blush taking over her face, "Oh honey! Thanks for coming so quickly!"

"Of course." Louis muttered, eyes tracking the office over noticing more this time than last. 

"I wanted to ask if it would be ok for you to stand on my side of the aisle instead of Bobby's."

"Why" Louis asked looking between the two. 

There are two types of marriage ceremonies the first between an alpha and an omega, this was called a mating. And the second between any other pairing, called a wedding, since his mother was a beta this ceremony would be the second type. This involved, usually the woman, but whoever, walking down the aisle to their partner. There would be an exchange of vows and traditionally each person would have bridesmaids or groomsman.

Louis was set to be one of Bobby's groomsman, along with Niall, the twins and a few of his buddies.

"Well Bobby here." His mother continued landing a lithe hand onto her fiancé's chest, her expensive diamond sparkling, "Already had an extra groomsman and then one of my bridesmaids dropped out due to a falling out between our husbands so now if you switch to my side than we'll be even!" 

Louis looked uneasily to his step dad, wondering if this falling out ended with the husband tied to a cinderblock at the bottom of the Hudson. Louis nodded and Jay smiled happily taking Louis into her arms, "Thank you!"

Jay went on to explain the switch in tuxedo, Louis would now be wearing a maroon tuxedo to match her other bridesmaids. The twins and Liam entered the office, pausing when they saw Jay and Louis there.

"Darling, why don't you take Louis and work out these differences?" Bobby asked, "We have some business to discuss." Jay nodded and quickly ushered Louis out of the room. He threw a soft smile to the alphas before the door closed behind them.

"Now." Bobby sighed sitting heavily in his chair, "As all three of you know, I've run this family for quite a while now and I'm starting to get up there in age." The boy's nodded and Bobby continued, "When I go down to the island for my honeymoon, I'm gonna show Jay the house I built for us and I plan on moving there by the end of next year. Liam are your plans for the proposal solidified, yet?"

"Yes sir." Liam nodded, "Proposal in March. Mating in October."

"I can always count on you, Liam." Bobby nodded, relieved that his plan to set his son up with Liam worked so perfectly. His primary successors though were much more worrisome, "As for you two? Have you even found any prospects?"

"Yes."

"Because I don't want to give..." Bobby started on his monthly tirade but paused after Harry's words hit him, "Did you just say yes?"

"Yes, we've chosen a mate." Edward nodded passively, almost bored.

"You're telling me that a month ago you didn't have anyone and now you've both decided?" Bobby asked in disbelief.

"Yes." Harry smiled easily, "We've chosen our desired mate and I fully intend on mating him by the end of next year."

"Excellent." Bobby nodded, "Who is the lucky omega? Are they of importance to the family?"