XXV

A Monday morning like any other started with the two families now inhabiting the house eating breakfast. Lou in her uniform, Liam already gone for the day and her other two parents dressed to go. Jo on the other hand wasn't to start school until next week, so she sat in her pajamas, her mom sitting beside her and the twins beside him.

Niall gave Louis a look and the other omega nodded minutely before saying, "Ok, Lou, it is time for school. Lets get going!"

Lou pouted looking to Jo, "Why can't Jojo come?"

"Well Joanne will start next week." Niall explained standing and beckoning her girl to the door, Zayn following close behind. The alpha stooped to pick up a giggling Lou, whispering in her ear while carrying her out.

Once the room was cleared of everyone, but the twins, Louis, and Jo, the omega smiled at his daughter, "Hey Jo is there anything you want talk to me about?"

Jo bit her lip and narrowed her eyes, "Did Niall tell you what I told him?"

"No, he just said we needed to talk, and I agreed." Louis placed a gentle hand onto her arm, "Is there anything you want to talk to me about?"

Jo squirmed in her seat for a long moment before shrugging, "I don't want to hurt your feelings."

"Nothing you say will hurt my feeling, baby girl."

So, Jo sighed again and looked to the twins before mumbling, "I guess I was just wondering—actually I was thinking about—I mean I talked to Lou and she said..."

"What, princess?"

"Well she said that you get your eyes from your daddy and I have green eyes..." The little alpha looked to the twins and then back to her mom.

Louis' jaw dropped because he really didn't think she'd suspected a thing, but it was clear she knew, "Well in some cases you get your daddy's eyes but not always."

"So, it's not true then?" Jo asked.

"Well." Louis paused, feeling a little uneasy but when he looked to the twins, they both nodded encouragingly so he continued, "It is true. Harry and Edward are you fathers."

Jo smiled a little triumphant smile and nodded, "I thought so."

"How do you feel about that?" Louis asked.

"Well, I guess I was just wondering why they stole you from me?" Jo twisted her fingers uneasily, staring at her lap, "Did they not want me, mumma?"

"No!" Harry and Edward broke in, in unison.

"Please," Harry continued, "Joanne, don't think for even a second we didn't want you."

"Then why am I just meeting you now?" She asked, eyes a little hurt, "Why did you just take mom?"

Louis lowered his gaze and expected nothing but the truth. He hid her from them. Took her before they could even smell the change in his scent. He didn't give them a chance. She'll hate him for this, Louis felt the shame build in his gut. But those words never came, instead Edward spoke slowly, "We weren't ready to be dads like your mother was ready to be your mom."

Louis looked between the twins and Jo, Harry continued, "We didn't grow up with a mom or anyone really to show us how to be good parents, so it took us a little bit longer to learn. We're still learning now but we want you to know that we will always be there for you."

She paused, "Are you guys divorced?"

Louis laughed at that, "It's a little more complicated than that, baby girl, but just know that no matter if we are mated or separated, we all love you. We will all be there for you from today until forever, ok?"