55

-November 13th 1997-

   At Monica and Rachel's Ross and Monica are sitting on the couch playing cards while Me and Joey are sitting in a chair cuddling and Phoebe is working on a new song.

Phoebe:"Singing".Little,tiny Tarzan, swinging on a nose hair.Swinging with the greatest of ease...Darn it!.Now I don’t know who to get to the next verse.

Ross:Oh you could just go uh greatest of ease… "Plays air guitar".BAH-bah-bha-bhannn...Then go right into it.

Phoebe:Yeah oh I like that!.Yeah.Wait!.How do you know about bah-bah-bha-bhan?.

Ross:Well um you know I used to play.

Phoebe:Oh yeah that’s right the keyboards huh?.

Ross:Yeah just a little in high school but then I really got into it in college.I mean th-that’s when I really found my sound.

   Monica is taking a drink as Ross says that and  laughs and snorts her drink.

Monica:Oh God!.Orange juice just came out of my nose but it was totally worth it.Oh my God I completely forgot about your sound.

Ross:Yeah.

Tabitha:"Smirking".He used to lock himself in the basement for hours.No one was ever allowed to hear The Sound.

Phoebe:I wanna hear The Sound.

Ross:Really?.No.I mean nah I haven’t played in so long a-and well i-it’s really personal stuff you know?.

Phoebe:Come on play that funky music white boy.

Joey:Yeah!.

Ross:No you guys I mean my keyboards are all the way up in No,yeah,okay."Runs out".

  Later on in the day Ross has retrieved his keyboard and is about to play The Sound.

Ross:Okay guys.

Chandler:All right!.Bring it on you…

Ross:Here we go."Plays one note".You know I-I’ve never played my stuff for anyone before so it’s important th-that you understand it’s about communicating very private emotions."Plays another note". You know um you should,you should think of um my work as wordless sound poems. That’s what I’m…

Chandler:Oh my God!.Play!.

   Ross starts to play.He plays a key that has a back beat sound attached to it.Over the background music he plays the sound of a barking dog,a mooing cow,a laser beam, someone coughing,a jackhammer,a doorbell,a police siren,a ray gun,breaking dishes and for a closer he plays the sound of a loud crash.

Monica:Boy that was...that was um… terrific.

Chandler:Really bitchin!.

Phoebe:Wow it was so wow!.

Ross:Really?!.I mean really?!.

Rachel:Yeah I mean you should play in public!.

Ross:Wow!.Thanks you guys.That’s uh oh I wanna,I wanna play you another piece!. Um!.Uh-oh!.I left my uh helicopter sounds on another disk.I’ll be right back!.Okay?."Runs to fetch them".This is so nice I’m I am so…"Leaves".