Thirty Seven

Was listening to this song as I wrote this and felt it would be appropriate if you did too 😘

Nobody's POV

Perrie smiled to herself a bit as she realized the dummies who brought her here and tied her up took her purse, but failed to search her body before leaving her down here.

They didn't know, and honestly she had forgotten, that she kept her phone stashed inside her bra. It hurt like hell, and it literally ripped her skin apart for her to reach it, but once she did, she quickly pulled it out and her first thought was to somehow contact Jade.

Make sure Jade is safe.

She panicked, however, when she looked at the screen and saw that she had only 1%.

"Shit." She muttered to herself.

Without taking the time to think of what to say, she unlocked it and began typing as quickly as she could to Jade. She'd already accepted that she probably wouldn't make it out, but she could live with that as long as Jade and Jaden were alright.

Jade, idk if I'll make it, but please don't go ho

As she was typing the last couple of words, her phone started to do that thing where it lags and everything goes extra slow, right before it's about to die.

Realizing she had only seconds and hadn't even finished her thought, she quickly hit send and was met with a spinning wheel on a black screen immediately after.

She prayed Jade would make sense of her message. She figured it was better to send a partial message than to try and type a whole message, only for the stupid phone to shut off, and Jade not receive anything at all.

She slowly and painfully stuffed the phone back into her bra so no one would know she used it, and seconds later, a face all too familiar to her entered the room, causing a huge lump to form in her throat.

It was him.

"What's up, sis?" Jimmy asked, and Perrie felt sick to her stomach.

"J-J... b-but... how?" She stuttered.

"How am I still alive? Because your stupid ass girlfriend doesn't know what she's doing. But no worries. Soon none of you will be a problem." He smirked. "You've been a lot less than helpful in finding her, sis. That kinda makes you more useless than you already were. Luckily, we've already found her. It's only a matter of time now."

"W-what do you m-mean you've f-found her?" Perrie stuttered again, fearing the worst.

"We've got her. No thanks to you, of course." He laughed. "My buddy who was here with you has her right now. They're on the phone.... but now that I think of it, I did give him the okay, so she's probably dead already." He held up the phone to show that he was in fact on a call.

"NOOOOOOOO!" Perrie screamed out.

"PERRIE!" She heard Jade scream as Jimmy put the phone on speaker, still laughing.

"JADE!" Perrie cried as she heard struggling on the other end of the line.

"PERRIE! HOLD ON, BABY! IM—"

Suddenly no more struggling was heard as the loud bang of a gunshot echoed through the line.

"JADEEEEEE!!!!" Perrie screamed louder than she ever had in her life, causing her throat to burn as the sound she least wanted to hear crushed her down to the bone.

She felt her heart break into a million pieces at the sound of a gunshot over the phone. She had finally heard Jade's voice after being worried sick, only to be met with gunfire and then ear splitting silence before the line went dead.

Despite the excruciating pain she was in after hours and hours of torture, she couldn't help but think of Jade. The sound of her voice. Her beautiful face. Her favorite pair of eyes. Her killer smile. And the sound of a bullet ripping all of that to shreds.

She had been crying since she woke up in this awful place, but nothing compared to the scream she let out after hearing what she heard. It had come from deep in her soul, and weakened her.

She felt herself slowly going numb, the feeling of the wires in her skin becoming further and further from her mind. The last few months of her life flashed before her eyes, from the moment she met Jade and fell helplessly in love with her, to now.

There wasn't anything on this earth that she wouldn't do for Jade. She loved her more than life itself. In such a short amount of time, Jade had managed to swoop into Perrie's life, and turn everything upside down, and now Perrie felt that there was no way she could exist in a world that didn't have Jade in it.

She didn't know what she was expecting to come of this situation, but she sure as hell didn't expect it to end with her losing the other half of her soul. She had faith that Jade would be alright. She had faith that the brunette would find her, and that the both of them would be alright.

Not that she would die.

That hurt on another level. More than anything she had ever felt in her life. And the fact that she was here, tied to a chair, and couldn't be there to help Jade fight for her life broke something in Perrie that she didn't believe could ever be repaired. It was more pain than she could bear.

The light in Perrie's eyes flickered out, and she felt like a shell of a human. There was no point. Jade had become her point.

While Jimmy was off to the side, watching her shatter into pieces, and seemingly enjoying it, Perrie closed her eyes.

They burned, as all she saw was Jade. And all she heard was a bullet taking her away. She just knew they had forever to go, not that it would all end just as quickly as it started.

"Do it." She said quietly, eyes still closed.

"What was that?" Jimmy asked.

"FUCKING DO IT!" She yelled, now staring right through him. "YOU WANTED HER DEAD, AND SHE IS. NOW GO AHEAD AND KILL ME NEXT. DO IT AND PUT AN END TO THIS TORTURE AND MISERY!"

Her voice strained with every word she said.

"Wow, sis. I didn't expect you to give up so easily." He laughed. When Perrie said nothing, he continued. "It's not going to be that easy for you, though. You're going to suffer. You're going to sit in that chair and bleed out until you rot to death down here. I'm not going to put you out of your misery. I'm going to let you feel all of it until either it or your wounds kills you. Either way, it will be slow and painful."

Perrie still said nothing. She just sat there with her eyes shut. Her broken heart burning a hole in her chest.

"Have a nice night, Perrie. Hopefully you'll be dead by morning." He said, and with that he shut the light off, leaving her in nothing but darkness with her thoughts.

Darkness on the outside that matched the darkness on the inside. In her eyes, death couldn't come quick enough.

We love a good cliffhanger, don't we? 🌚

Stream 'Not a Pop Song' for clear skin