Chapter 1

The medical canteen is quiet for once with only a few people are scattered around the various tables studying.

Ring...ring....ring....ring...

A few people glance towards our table.

I glance down at my phone. However, I don't answer it. Ugh... When are they going to stop calling me?

Pha glances at me and hisses, "Beam, if you aren't going to answer your phone, turn it off. We are trying to study here. It is very distracting to have your phone keep ringing."

Kit raises his head from his textbook and notes, and glares at me. "Did you accidentally give your number out to one of your one-night stands? Why won't you answer your phone?"

I frown and shake my head as I turn my phone off and put it in my pocket. "No. Professor Auntie had given my number to a girl that is needing some tutoring. However, after initially talking to her on the phone, she isn't wanting tutor of our academics, but of something else."

Both Pha and Kit look at each other before bursting out in laughter. As Kit tries to control himself, he teases, "So.. hehe.. she was... hehe.. wanting... hehe.. some hands... hehehe.. on sessions." As soon as he finishes, he once again bursts out laughing.

Really is that all they can do is laugh at me. I raise an eyebrow and stare at them from across the table. This isn't that funny.

After a few moments of watching my crazy friends, I can't take it any longer, and I frown. As my frustrations continue to grow, I huff, "You know that I don't give my number out for this very reason. How dare Professor Auntie do it. That girl even gave my number to others too. Now, look what has happened. My phone is ringing non-stop all the time now."

Pha slowly stops laughing and looks at me. "I think you need to get a new number. It is disturbing our study sessions."

I sigh and look down at my textbooks again as I mumble, "Yeah, I know. I'll stop by the store this afternoon and get a new number. I can't take much more of this."

In a serious tone, Pha replies, "Neither can we. Now let's continue studying. We have a test this afternoon."

I slowly nod my head and sigh before I turn my attention back to my books. I'm definitely going to have to go get another phone today.

***

The afternoon was stressful, but I managed to get through the tests. Pha and Kit offered to come along with me, but I didn't think that I needed them to tag along just to get a new phone. However, now that I'm looking at all the phones, I kind of wish that they were here and let me know what one would be the best.

I can ask the salesperson, but they will only tell what the most expensive is. Ugh...

With my eyes scanning the various phones, I softly sigh. Which one am I going to pick? I can't take all day. I still have other things to do.

As I slowly work my way down the counter, I'm not paying attention to my surrounding. I'm trying to absorb all the information in on the phones that I don't notice the person also standing in front of the counter.

Bump.

I slowly turn around, and I'm instantly met with a pair of dark piercing eyes that almost seem to appear to be able to look deep into my soul. However, I take a step back and instantly begin to apologize. The piercings and the tattoos tell me that he isn't someone to mess with.