Chapter 9

Abrianna

I remain poker face as the head of the board introduces Dylan and I. We are here in the conference hall for our appearance at the same time for our first attended meeting. It's basically a back to work scenario.

Kita ko naman ang pagkamangha sa mga mata ng ibang boards habang ipinapakilala kami at binabasa nila ang aming records. I can also see in their eyes that they are expecting much from us. And I love it. I love how they expect high from us because it is driving me to reach my full potentials.

"On behalf of the company, we welcome the both of you, Mr. Hontiveros and Ms. Galvez"

The boards clap. After that, Dylan and I deliver our responses. Matapos ang iba pang introduction at maikling pag-uusap, we all settle down to proceed with our main agenda.

Pumunta sa harap ang representative ng production team para sa report nila. Nasa kalagitnaan siya ng pagbati nang biglang bumukas ang pintuan. We all look up to check who it is and to my surprise it's the clown in the elevator. That woman with thick colorful make-ups. She doesn't even know the concept of aesthetic. Tsk.

"Good morning Ms. Veronica" bati ng reporter sa harap. Some show respect too while others did not. But majority acknowledges her presence. That only means one thing, she isn't that important.

Veronica, as what they call her, roams her eyes and the moment her gaze lands on me, her eyes immediately blaze in anger. "Who are you?" she spits in disgust. Agad ko naman siyang tinaasan ng kilay. And she raises her eyebrows as well. Bitch.

"She's Abrianna Galvez, the new vice president of the company" Dylan says

Does he know her? I'm surprised with his casual response. Ang gaan kasi ng pagsagot niya like he is just talking casually.

I watch as Veronica's eyes slowly glare at me. I didn't badge and blankly stare at her, too. Because why would I fold with her blazing stares. They're not even burning me. They're just lame stares. Tsk. She crosses her arms then glances at Dylan who is sitting beside me. "So, she's the new Vice President" she even mockingly stares at me. I roll my eyes.

If her confidence is shaking because of my prence then she's welcome. She should be proud that I get to bring out her jealousy. Because it just simply tells that she must heighten her standards and be particularly smart in choosing stuffs. Cause honestly, her immitation of a bag stings my eyes.

"Yes, she is. Now take your seat so will proceed" Dylan instructs.

She immediately follows and marches to the empty seat just on our left but right before that she glares at me again. God. She thinks I care. Bitch, I damn don't. Tsk. Tahimik lang ang mga tao sa hall habang hinihintay ang susunod na mangyayari. But I cannot help but think. Are they both related to each other? Because Dylan seems to know her basing from his approach.

He signals the presentor in front to continue. Nagsimula naman ito kaagad matapos umupo ni Veronica. I just fix myself and listen. There's no point on distracting myself and thinking of unrelevant and unnecessary things. I got way more productive things to do.

The presentor went back on his reports. He starts discussing and the whole duration of the meeting, I can feel Veronica's constant glare. Hindi ko tuloy mapigilang mabahala para sa kanya. Gosh. Can't she hide her invidiousness? She's too obvious. Well, I cannot blame her though. Iba talaga kapag lutang ang ganda at talino kaya hindi ko siya masisi for being insecure. It feels right anyway.

The reporter discusses in details the production. He also mentions some things which I find unfit in the situation. The presentation went on until questions and clarifications are raised. I watch as the boards and some reprentatives from other departments present their queries.