Chapter 37

Abrianna

Vince and Vienna came back after almost two hours. They really went out to buy coffee because they came back holding two paper cups. Hindi ko alam kung sinadya nilang magtagal pero ngayong naririnig ko ang mga reklamo ni Vienna ay mukhang alam ko na.

"You know what? I still don't get it why you have to insist that we buy coffee in the mall eh meron namang malapit na coffee shop dito." She complained to Vince while walking towards Cervantes. She handed him the small paper cup. "You even pulled me anywhere."

"Magpasalamat ka na lang, Vienna."

"For what? For buying me coffee? I can afford, bro."

"Tanga talaga."

"Vince." Cervantes called out Vince which made the latter silent. Ngiting tagumpay naman ang babae. "What brought you two here anyway? Don't you have a class?"

Vienna shook her head. "It was cancelled, kuya so we came to visit you instead and I'm happy that ate is here too!" Malawak ang ngiti na humarap siya sa akin. "Ate we bought you pala my favorite iced cappuccino since Vince and I aren't sure of your favorite drink. Hope you'll like it." Sabay bigay sa akin nang paper cup.

"Thanks."

She beamingly smiled and sat beside me. "So, what's your favorite coffee drink, ate?"

Hinarap ko din siya ng maayos. "I actually don't have a favorite coffee but I go with any of the three– latte, cappuccino, and macchiato. So, this is fine with me."

"That's a relief."

Mahina akong natawa. "You know I would accept anything you give. You don't have to pressure yourselves."

"Weh? Kahit tae ibigay namin?"

"Vienna."

"Ang tanga."

I smiled. "Silly."

She pouted. "Sabi naman kasi ni ate eh anything."

"Bobo talaga kahit kailan."

"That's your ate Abrianna you're talking with. Choose your words properly. And Vince, language."

Vienna stuck her tongue out to Vince which ignited their twin conversation slach bickering. Hinayaan na lang namin sila ng kuya nila. I'm getting used to it now. Surprisingly though, Cervantes can perfectly work just fine. Nakakaya niyang magbasa at gawin ang trabaho niya nang hindi nagrereklamo sa ingay ng dalawa. Pinagsasabihan niya lang ang kambal kapag minumura na talaga nila ang isa't isa. Though, he would sometimes steal a glance at me which I always caught. Akala mo naman teenager para magnakaw ng tingin.

"Oh no sis. We're not on the same level. Uod ka butterfly ako."

"Tanga. Galing sa uod din lang 'yon."

"But it's pretty and it's flying. Duh."

"Huwag mo 'kong kausapin. Arte."

"Oh see, stressed ka na agad."

"Pinagsasabi mo."

"Kiss my ass."

Agad akong tumingin sa dalawa nang buglang tumili si Vienna. "Ang baboy, Xavier Vince!" She was wiping her arms while Vince was wiping his mouth.

"Sorry. Sorry." Kumuha din siya ng tissue at tinulungan ang kambal sa pagpunas sa kamay nito.

"Everything okay there?" They both glanced at me.

"Opo ate, huwag po kayong mag-alala."

I nodded and went back to what I was reading though I made sure that I can still seem them from my peripheral view. They were silently cleaning their mess. They also asked Grego for a mop which the latter gladly showed. I think Vince spluttered his drink on the floor. Cervantes was on his last meeting for today that's why he wasn't around.