Chapter 36

Abrianna

It was just a two-day trip but it felt like a week-long escapade. Ang daming gustong gawin at puntahan ng kambal. 'Yong tipong hindi pa nagsisimula ang isa pero may nakaplano na ulit silang gustong gawin. Cervantes would often just scratch his eyebrow and heave a sigh every time Vienna enumerates their impromptu itinerary one-by-one. Mas nagmukhang sila tuloy ang nagbakasyon kaysa samin. We didn't complain though because somehow having the twins in this trip gave me a new feeling of belongingness and sense of being needed.

'Yong palagi silang tumitingin sa akin tuwing nagiging-oa ang kuya nila tipong nagsusumbong, kapag hinihingi nila opinion ko sa pagdedesisyon, kapag kumakapit at tumatabi sila sakin kapag naglalakad kami lalo na si Vienna, it made me feel important. And I'm happy that they acknowledge me in their sibling bond, that they respect me as their kuya's partner.

"Remind me again love why I agreed to this request?" Cervantes asked as he stared at his siblings who were already meters away from us, pointing at the rides they're gonna try. This is the only time I saw the twins agreed.

"You love them that's why and you ..owe Vienna one." Napatawa na lang ako nang huminga siya ng malalim noong tawagin siya ni Vince para sumakay na sa roller roaster.

"Damn it."

Dahil gusto kong magkaroon din muna silang magkakapatid ng bonding ay hindi na ako sumama sa pagsakay ng mga rides. I sat on one of the benches and took pictures while waiting for them. Nakabili na rin ako ng snacks namin para mamaya.

While looking around, I spotted a number of couples walking, their hands intertwined. Unconsciously, my eyes landed on my ring finger. Memories of my encounter with Mrs. Handice early this morning filled me.

"Out for another day again, Mrs. Cervantes?" She smiled when she saw me in the lobby.

"Oh hi, Mrs. Handice. Ahmm, yeah. Just waiting for the siblings to come down."

"I can see that. Would you like to have something while waiting?"

I quickly waved both of my hands to say no. "I'm fine. They'll be down here in a minute any way." But I immediately regret it 'cause her eyes were lingering on my left hand. Again.

"You should always wear your wedding ring, Mrs. Cervantes." I bit my inner cheek.

Mabuti na lang ay dumating ang tatlo. I escaped her scrutinizing eyes. Nakakakaba na may masabi siya. She even seemed to be that kind of person who thinks that one mistake can tell whether you are trustworthy or not. I don't want our complicated marriage status to affect her trust in the company. That would be trouble.

Pinagkasya ko na lang ang sarili ko sa pagkuha ng pictures para hindi mag-overthink at hindi masira ang mood ko habang naghihintay sa magkakapatid.

Eat, shop, roam, take pictures, run, and argue. Just like that our two-day trip finally came to an end. Vienna was so happy when I gave her my gift from Indonesia plus that designer necklace Cervantes and I bought for her. The same is through with Vince. He even whistled when he saw the shoes we bought for him. Good thing it fit him perfectly. Hinatid muna din namin sila sa kanila sabay bigay din ng regalo kila mom bago umuwi.

It was a tiring yet fun and indelible trip. I was happy. I can't deny that but I guess life is a bitch because the next day, early in the morning, a bitch personified knocked on our door. She roamed her eyes around the living room, inspecting it as if it's her own.

"The house looks a bit tidier and neat compared to the last time I was here. I'm impressed." She turned around and gave me a wide smile. "But the color combination is such a bummer." Her smiled quickly vanished. "How come Luke allowed someone to mess with his house. Gosh. I don't understand that man. And you didn't even offer me a seat! You just sat there."