Chapter 21

Abrianna

“Do you want me to do something?”

I shook my head in response. “I’ll handle it, Cervantes.” He sighed making me arched my left eyebrow. He obviously disagrees but the heck do I care. This is my life. I get to decide what to do and what not to.

“I don’t like the idea of you soloing everything, love. I am willing to help.” His voice was gentle but I can clearly hear his desperation to give a hand. The problem is I don’t want it.

Cervantes knew what happened. I have no idea how but he is completely aware of the situation even if I didn’t tell him a single thing. The perks of having the power as always, I guess. They can get the information they desire in their most preferred time. Tsk.

“I know and I get it. But you know me, Cervantes.” I faced him, giving him a knowing look. “I don’t want you to help me.”

He pinched the bridge of his nose, frustrated on my persistency. But damn, I really don’t want anyone to help me. Kahit sino pa ‘yan na mag-aalok ng tulong, tatanggihan ko. I have lived my life for the past few years alone and have survived all the odds so, what is difference now that I am placed under another problem? None. It is still the same. I will still live with the idea that I need to surpass what is presented in front of me because I need to, and no one is there to always pull me up from my own mess. Kailangan kong maging matatag at matapang.

My mom taught me that when we were young. Sabi niya kailangan naming matutong tumayo sa sarili naming paa because not all the time she is there for us. Truth to be told, it happened. We losed her tragically.  A truck hit her while she was helping a little girl. Since then, we grew up independently. So, pardon me if I refuse to accept any invitation of help. I can do this alone.

Cervantes gave me a look and right there and then, I have read what he wanted to do. Mata pa lang niya alam ko nang gusto niyang makialam. “Don’t even try, Cervantes. I know that face.” I warnied him. Kung ayaw niyang magkagulo kami, Huwag niyang subukan na makialam nang pilit. Call me a proud bitch but I damn don’t care. I just really don’t like the idea of someone rendering me his time and effort when I can definitely do it. Pride. Selfishness. Insensitive. Name whatever you may want it but it won’t change my decision.

This is me from the start so either he accepts or wage a war against me. 

He silently stared at me then shook his head before rubbing his forehead. When he glanced up at me, he sighed.

Tinaasan ko tuloy siya ng kilay. “Loosen up, will you? You seriously looked frustrated and stressed. It’s not like I’m gonna to war.” Well, in a different context, I definitely am. Pero mukha kasi siyang problemado for real. Like I am giving him a serious headache. Gosh. Me? Causing headache? Not new.

“You won’t expect me to just chill and watch while you do things your own, Abrianna.” Mahinahon niyang sabi.

I studied him for a moment before I smirked. “Don’t tell me you’re worried, Cervantes?”

He gave me a challenging look. “What if I tell you I always am?”

I shrugged my shoulders, not giving a slightest care of what he said. “Well, I guess you to have to live with it. You married a Galvez.” and a Galvez is not someone you can easily negotiate with. He didn’t utter anything so continued. “So you should know by now that you can’t stop me from doing what I want. So, when I said don’t interfere, then don’t. Stay in your lane. Are we clear, Cervantes?” My arms were crossed as I stood in front of him.

Nang hindi niya ako sagutin ay tinaasan ko siya ng kilay. It took him a moment before answering.

“Fine.” He simply answered which made me arched my eyebrow again. Is that it? He agrees that fast? Just like that? Oh, I don’t think so.