Chapter 29

Abrianna

Drying my tears, I pulled away from Cervantes. He cupped my face and brushed my cheeks with his thumb. He also tucked the loose strands of hair behind my ear.

"I'm sorry, love." That's the nth time he said those words and I didn't get it why he kept on apologizing. Even though I wanted to ask him, I'm afraid he'd just ignore it again, so I opted to remain silent. His one hand was behind my back, gently soothing me while the other one was caressing the back of my palm.

"I'll get you some water." He suddenly uttered. I got alarmed that I quickly gripped the hem of his shirt the moment he stood up. He looked at me full surprised. "Stay, please." His eyes were glued on my hand that was holding his shirt. Hesitance was written on his face, unsure what to do. He swallowed. "I'll be back real quick. You need to drink, love."

Umiling ako agad. "I'm fine. Just stay here. Please." I couldn't even recognize my own voice and I was pretty sure I looked like a kid at the moment but I just wanted him to stay. I don't want him to leave. It might take him long again before he would return.

"Okay." He grabbed my hand that was gripping his shirt and held it gently. "I'll stay." He took back his seat and I felt relieved. We stayed silent while I was calming myself and he was just on my side helping me.

A couple of minutes passed by before I moved.

"Do you need anything?" I nodded. "I want to wash up." I don't want to wake up with puffy eyes.

He nodded and helped me stand up. As soon as I got up, he looked away. It was quick that if I wasn't observing him, I wouldn't have noticed. He even swallowed. Napataas tuloy ako ng kilay nang wala sa oras. Then, he cleared his throat. "Come on. I'll accompany you."

Nauna akong pumasok sa banyo at sumunod naman siya pero hindi nakaligtas sa pandinig ko ang komento niya. "You're not wearing slippers again." It was followed by a sigh.

Wetting my hands, I gently dumped them on my eyes including my cheeks. Cervantes was just silently watching me, waiting while leaning against the door post.

Hinarap ko siya pagkatapos.

"Are you done?"

I shook my head. "I'm gonna pee, so I need you to move."

His lips went "O" before he nodded then stepped aside. Siya na rin ang nag-close ng door. But of course, I locked it inside. I don't trust him not to suddenly barge in. After doing my thing, I went out. Cervantes was now sitting on the edge of the bed. Our eyes met and I suddenly felt conscious and awkward. He

was staring at me intently, like he was watching my every move. Hindi ko tuloy alam kung lalapit pa ba ako sa o hindi.

"Stop staring, will you?"

I slightly moved my feet because I was feeling the coldness of the floor now. He followed my movement and because I was wearing a mid-thigh satin dress, his eyes stopped on my exposed thighs. That's when I realized why he looked uncomfortable earlier. Shit. Agad akong tumakbo papunta sa kama at pumailalim sa makapal na blanket. He lowly chuckled that made me glare at him.

"Pervert."

He grinned. Inirapan ko siya at tinalikuran. Mas lalo siyang natawa dahil doon. I felt him move behind my back as we settled ourselves.

"Luke..." It broke the silence.

"Hmm.."

"Are we not going to talk?"

"Are you feeling okay already? Do you want us to talk right now?" There was something in his tone that made me feel bliss. Was he thinking of me all this time? Is that why he was reluctant to open up earlier?