30 | i need u

CHAPTER THIRTY

white.

white walls, white floors, white sheets.

a color so bright, yet, so weak.

angels tangled in its innocence

and the dove that holds peace at its beak

the color: pure

but, so bleek

the walls that encase the room

open, free

but i can't breathe

chest heavy, crushing my weight

my shoulders are caving

my soul needs saving

trapped in a room to give me peace

but i'm suffocating

someone, please fucking help me

jeongguk eyes dart back and forth, only the harsh blaring white light illuminating his blank room. 

all he can see is the empty color, encaging the space he is in.

the boy curls up in his bedsheets, hands tugging at his hair strands and his eyelids fall shut, slowly rocking his form back and forth.

though the cold bright light and silence suffocated the room, it felt like everything was screaming at him.

the silence was deafening. 

his mind was driving him crazy.

he couldn't stand the emptiness of the room, so he filled it.

filled it with the only thing he wanted right now.

what he needed right now.

"It's okay, cupcake." 

taehyung's big strong arms wrapped around the teenager's trembling frame, hands curling around the bony locks and playing with the strands. jeongguk could feel the warmth of his chest, the beat of his heart, the velvet effect of his voice.

but no matter how hard he tried leaning into taehyung's touch, burrowing his face into taehyung's side and clung onto his leather jacket with small little fists—

—no matter how hard he tried inhaling the addicting scent of his hyung, it just wasn't there.

the teenager pulled his legs closer to his chest, feeling the cool air wrap itself around him. trying to give himself the warmth that taehyung had always provided.

he felt far from peace.

in this white, white room.

taehyung's hands were twitching around his whiskey glass.

it felt like the world was being weighed down on his shoulders, his heart being squeezed and a firm grip around his throat that wouldn't allow him to breathe.

sweat nervously laid itself upon his skin, covering him in a thin layer as his eyes bore down onto the addictive liquid in his palm.

"tae..." jimin sighs on the other side of him, the cop's hair was disheveled and lips slightly swollen. it was evident that he had to stop whatever he was doing to come to his friend's aid.

when taehyung called and said that he needed help, then jimin knows its bad.

but he didn't think it was this bad.

"what's wrong?" the shorter one asks, worried about the state of his friend as taehyung looks... nervous?

taehyung is never nervous.

the said male's eyes flicker up, and it was almost if jimin could see the utter distress swimming in the dark pools of his orbs, silently begging him for help.

"t-tae...?" jimin is beyond baffled, he has never witnessed taehyung in this state. what the fuck happened?

the taller rose from his seat, legs shaking as his hands flew out to clutch onto jimin's arms. taehyung harshly gripped him, stare boring into the other's as he struggled to catch a breath.

"they... took... him... jeongguk–" taehyung's chest heaved up and down as the weight was crushing him, all the pressure and stress balanced on his shoulders. "j-jeongguk.... h-he— i-i—"

jimin looked alarmed at taehyung's state, and quickly started guiding him to a quieter area with less people. they found themselves in a corner and jimin's eyes were growing concerned.

"tae, deep breaths, okay?" 

but taehyung just vigorously shook his head back and forth. he hunched over, trying to catch his breath and he continued to heave. 

"n-no... i need him..." he whispered out. "i fucking need him, jiminie."

jimin's gaze softened at the sight before him.

he's never seen his best friend so broken.

"okay..." the young cop pulled the younger into a hug, rubbing his back as he tried to calm him down. "okay, alright."

"let's go get jeongguk."

end of 30

im so fkn embarrassed why am i acc putting that shit ass poem here. it's just there for some descriptive purposes to give context on how gguk is feeling rn 

don't judge it guys ik its shit n pls dont give me pity compliments lol

just... ignore it lmao idk