chapter 13

Tebogo's POV

I'm at work and I feel like a mess and I switch on the air on in my office because I'm feeling hot due to the extra clothes and baggy clothes I'm currently wearing  " friend you don't look so ok do you want to maybe take off your over sized jersey" Lindy says

"No, friend, I'm ok. It's just that I drank castor oil, and it's beginning to do it's job " I lie , not knowing what else to say .

"Ok, any way, Mr Lerumo is back, and I'm going to bring him coffee. Who knows, maybe I might be lucky," she says as she goes to the coffee area

These past months I had been gaining weight like crazy and my eye colour has changed from blue to red something that was very mysterious to me , my breasts got bigger which was a surprise to me and all my clothes don't  fit I've been throwing up like crazy so I came to a conclusion that I was pregnant not only pregnant but six months pregnant perhaps.

I haven't visited the doctor and I haven't told anyone but people are starting to see a physical change like the other day at work my friend made a joke and said I'm gaining like a pregnant lady , which got me to realise that I am pregnant and my bump is  showing .

To top everything, I've been having strange dreams. I've been seeing what seems to be a lady with golden eyes calling me to come home. She is the most beautiful woman I've ever seen she has hair the same colour as mine, big puffy and proud .Sometimes, in my dream, I just follow her to a cave where she sits on the throne and I wake up .

It's been hard trying to hide the bump, but I've tried my best. I've changed my clothes to baggy clothes. If someone asks, I just say I'm practising a new religion.

Well, some people may say I'm stupid for not going to the doctor, but honestly, I'm scared. I'd hoped that I'm just gaining weight like crazy and that my bump was just fat, but I think it's not. I intend to keep this secret for as long as I can because if I were to report this to the boss, it might make things complicated.

"Tebogo, the boss is calling you." Lindy says, taking me out of my trance of thoughts ." How did taking coffee to him go?" I say, and a smile plays on her face

" Well, if you must know, he said, 'what would I do without you?' and he gave me a thumbs up." Oh well, I think Lindy is going to ask Mr. Lerumo to marry her pme day.

I try to hurry up and stand up, but I'm having difficulties standing up, so I take my hand and hold my back while one hand is on the chair.

I got into the elevator, and I started counting the floors as I was going up. This would be the first time I met Tau after that day in his office  which made me very nervous because I kind of like him, but I think his a jerk .

I was now standing outside his office, looking into the glass door, hoping he was not there . I saw him sitting in his chair with a lot of papers around him. What a mess . I kind of had a thing with disorganised places they scared me, and I finally summed up the courage to knock .

His personal assistant comes to the door and opens. She gives me a nasty look as if she didn't like me or something, but I don't know her in that way for her to be doing that, so I decided to let it slide.

"It took you long enough  " Mr Lerumo says .

"I'm so sorry, sir. "I say

"Well, I called you here because we have a new case I want you to work on," he says . To say I'm disappointed was an understatement he couldn't even comment on the two cases I won and the one where I managed to get the dude a minimum sentence. Wow !

"May you please switch on the air on I'm feeling hot " I rudely cut him off , he called his personal assistant and she switches it on but not before letting me know that she didn't want to .

"PA, may you please excuse us?" The lady stands up angrily and goes.

"As I was saying, a school girl was raped by her uncle, and we need you to represent her. The girl's father wants us to bury his brother." Without having a chance to answer, I quickly rush to his office bathroom and vomit in the toilet. After I was done, I rinse my mouth with water and go back .

Mr Lerumo stands up and comes towards me. "Are you ok, Tebogo?"

I suddenly felt a little dizzy, and as I'm about to collapse, he caught me .I desperately try to fan myself with my hand . "Water ..."

He walks me to his couch and takes a freshly sealed bottle of water, and gives it to me. He then proceeded to make a phone call, and he told me to lay on the couch .I lay on the couch for about thirty minutes, and he came back with a lady who seemed to be a doctor because of her dress code .

"This is the patient." Mr. Lerumo says .

"Hey, I'm Doctor Lerumo, and you must be Tebogo." she takes her case and takes out all the necessary tools . She begins to check my blood pressure, and she draws some blood. She does all the necessary.

"Lerumo, help me lift her up so u can take off her Jersey." Panic came, and I started having difficulty breathing .

She takes off my layers of clothing , fully exposing my baby bump . In my heart, I hoped Lerumo would not notice what was going on . I see his eyes wide open , his eyebrows raised in shock .

"This is what I suspected. I was about to give you a cup , why didn't you say Tebogo?" she says in an excited tone .

"Well if it's not too much trouble for you Tau I'd like you to come to the hospital later so I can do all the tests properly "she said giving me medication to have in the min time. please say it's a problem. I don't want to go anywhere with you.

"No problem," Tau said angrily. He walked out the lady, thanking her a thousand times, hugging her , I felt jealous of her .

"So when were you going to tell me you were pregnant?" he furiously asks, raising his voice at me. I started crying  out loud, which was unlike me , thanks to stupid hormones. He realised what he had done and came close to calm me down .