chapter 1

King Omatla Lerumo's POV

After meeting with that old fool Toba I heard the most wonderful news that my five year old son Tau can properly hold a gun which made me proud  because when I was about his age I went hunting  with my father who taught me our family history and how the Letlape clan took everything  from us .

"Biopelo, where is my food? I want  it now." I called my  useless wife to bring food for me,

my wife is Biopelo Sehlako from the barolong kingdom who my father forced me to marry because she was a princess, she has  given me  four useless daughters and one son who is my pride and joy because he will on day take over the Letlape kingdom incase I fail .

she quickly runs to the kitchen  and brings my food with a dish full of water so I can wash my hands  " My husband, here is your food she kneels down  and gives me my food .I ask her to cook my food because she is the only one I trust, and if anything happens to me, she will have  to answer that .

"You are excused and make sure my bath is  ready." she nods and moves away. I see my son Tau holding the oversized haunting gun with one of my top warriors. As soon as he sees me, he begins running  too and gives me a hug

"Ntate, I finally got it right ,dud I maks you proud?" He asks innocently waiting for me to say I'm proud  of him but I have  to be hard on him so he does not become a weakling especially growing around four daughters  that's why they are allowed  to see him once a weak during Sunday so he can focus .

" You know what would  make me proud," I ask with a high-pitched voice. He signals me no and  gives me a look of excitement, ready to do whatever  I ask him to do, just like I want it .

"If you took back what rightfully belongs to your family  the Letlape throne " I say proud of my words the Letlape people messed with the wrong people  ,when they stole our throne they must have forgotten who they were dealing with

"I'm going  to make you proud and take back our throne by killing all of them with my gun making sure I leave no one "he says raising his gun up which you can clearly see it's too heavy  for him but his a warrior ,a tear almost runs down my cheek at how proud I am of my son for finally seeing eye to eye with me .

"So son what do you want name it I'll give it to you " I always ask him this question to test him ability of going after the crown  and although I ask him I always expect  one answer from him always.

"I want to go and train to become a warrior just like  you." He passed the test and finally understood  because if he had said anything else, I would  have punished him severely

=================================

King kgomotso's pov

I saw my wife queen lesedi enter into my chambers holding  the baby in her hands she seemed disappointed  for some reason  but I can't  blame her the way I've been  acting  lately  would  make any woman doubt themselves which was not how I wanted my beautiful wife to feel .

"Greetings, my king." I simply  wave at her at her

" My king, is there anything your queen has done to  offend you?" she says, putting  the baby in the royal bed , she come close to me and kneels before me, bowing on the ground  to my feet 

"Your royal highness , the bapalane gods are  watching  and if there is  anything  I did to offend  you please forgive me I beg of you , I will do anything  to make things right " I look at her still on the ground  and gave  a my royal smile I married a genius she just gave me the idea to go to the sacred place where the bapalane people live .

"My lovely queen you may rise ,I'm not angry at you but what you just said made me love you more , have  the maids prepare my royal clothes  " I say with a high husky voice , I needed to go to the sacred place  before noon .

"But my king, you haven't eaten your breakfast, and your food is getting  cold," she says, trying to keep up with me as I walk towards the throne room

" damn you woman  who cares about food  when I clearly have somewhere important to go?" she bows her head a little bit

"It shall be done," then she wakes away from the royal room .

I walk towards the throne and say my tribal names in my native language " my ancestors  please travel with  me as I will be going  to the sacred place  guide me and mark my scent so no one can know where I went "

I stand up and begin my journey  to the sacred place where only pure blood royal can enter , I walk for straight two hours in the scorching sun atill I get to the cave , I see a child wearing a white robe  standing by the door signaling me to enter the cave .

But when a true king enters the cave a lion has to appear leading him in so I do the only thing I was thought to do when I get to the cave door I sing the royal song sang by kings when they get to the door .I started clipping  my hands together, making the African  beat just like my father taught me

Eh aye
Ke na Kgosi kgomotso
nwana wa Kgosi pula
Eh aye
Ke tlaga ko lefatseng la bapalane
Eh aye
Rona re ba bapalane ba ba ntona
Eh aye
Bo Letlape palana tse white
Eh aye
Badimo ba ba ntona
Eh aye

I suddenly  heard a lion roar coming towards me "you are welcome chabadimaketse  to your humble home a place  where your fore fathers and father are resting and a place  where you will rest when your time comes " the lion calls me by my traditional name I was given when I was born by the ancestors.

"The great bapalane messenger, I thank you." we walk closer into the cave, and I see fire burning on water .

I see a beautiful woman sitting  on a stone that is shaped like a throne wearing  her crown made out of beads .I walked towards her and bowed my head in respect  and I thought about starting to introduce myself .

"Silence, I know who you are. Why are you here?" I rise and look into her golden eyes. I should  say they looked  beautiful .

"Greetings the bapalane queen , please..." he was rudely cut off by the overconfident goddess

"People are skeeming again you against your throne. They are going to kill your daughter  and son." King kgomotso feels hopeless at that moment, not knowing what or where to turn from here

"But there is a way ,listen to me carefully
your ancestors  say you must hide your daughter and call her Tebogo she must never know she is a princess or she comes from here untill the gods bring her ,she has a heart shaped birth mark on her chest ,as for your son he will be king but he must be sent away to stay with your mother to be told the kingly ways " and just like that a greater journey had began blood will kill blood .