Chapter 5: Hermit Hunt (Part 3)

Start from the beginning

Young Etho groans. 

"No Etho, behave," I huffed. 

The young ninja finally gave into my hug and slowly leaned on my chest, watching the waves subsiding out of boredom. A smile slightly formed on my face. "Don't worry Etho. Later when we're on land, we can play something fun together. For now, let's just wait for uncle Keralis. Alright?" 

The young hermit didn't say anything. He turned his head at me and gave me a considerate glance. I couldn't tell if he was smiling under that mask or not, but his eyes twinkled." I'll take that as an okay," I chuckled, ruffling his silver hair. 

" Oh Vintage Kebab!! Look, I found ourselves a new child!" The hermit came back with a small blue figure riding on top of his shoulders. I felt amused just looking at the adorable little hermit enter the boat, sitting upfront with Keralis. "Jevin, this is your Uncle Kebab, and right next to him is your new friend Etho. Say hi to them." 

Young Jevin smiled slightly, waving his blue little hand at us. "Hi.." He whispered shyly. I couldn't help but just awe at the little blue slimy blob before us. 

Young Etho slapped my shoulder lightly, giving me this betrayed look on his face. "What's the matter, kid? Jealous?" I smirked. 

"Hmmphh." 

__________________________________

--Young Joe's POV--

Uncle Grian fell asleep again after Auntie Cleo left just 10 minutes ago. I watched  him, Ren, and Bdubs, sleeping peacefully. A strong blow of the wind caused all of me and my friends to shiver, so we all gave up with our pancake shop and huddled our way to our uncle, hoping that the tree could protect us from the cold wind. Xisuma suggested that we should use his money [ leaves] and cover our whole bodies with it, to keep us warm. We collected a good amount of leaves and stacked them next to the tree. 

Now we were all hiding in a sea of leaves! Falsey and Tango were bored so they played hide and seek in the leaves. Even if there were no places to hide. Mumbo and Xisuma rested next to me, both just trying their best to fully cover themselves in leaves, but failing 'Con-tin-u-ous-ly' 

Uncle Zedaph taught me that word. :D

"Joe?" Xisuma crawled next to me, also staring at the three sleeping people.

 "Isn't Uncle Grian, Ren and Bdubs cold?" 

" I don't know, I can't read brains," I say so bluntly. 

Xisuma hummed, crossed his arms together and started thinking. His weird thinking face changed to an idea face, he scooped up a stack of leaves that nearly reached to his chin, struggling to even stand up without dropping most of the leaves. "Do you need help, friend?" I beamed, scooping up the extra amount of leaves. Xisuma’s face brightened. He grabbed for my hand and tugged me to our sleeping uncle and friends. 

Xisuma grabbed the leaves from my arms and covered it on Ren, he whispered, "Stay comfy Ren." My smile grew bigger. 

We both grabbed the next stack of leaves and skipped our way till we were facing our uncle. "Uncle Grian, Bdubs, stay comfy and warm too," Xisuma whispered excitedly, then we both launched the leaves all over them. Me and Xisuma started giggling to ourselves, the leaves are now covering poor little Bdubs' whole body that you could barely even see his face." There. Now they're warm," I whispered the X, placing my arm on his shoulder. 

"Hmmm…" A voice mumbled from the leaves, then a head popped out from the leaves that covered him. "I was sleepy," Bdubs whined, rubbing his eyes con-tin-u-ous-ly. I felt something beating in my chest, the moment I saw tears slowly forming in his eyes. Bdubs quietly sobbed, covering his eyes with his two hands. "W-Why- I'm not asleeP!" He whined again. Me and Xisuma felt scared, scared that we might have done something wrong.. Again.