Hawk - Transition

When Hawk changed from plain old Eli Moskowitz to Hawk, Y/n Y/l/n was slightly infuriated.

She liked him as he was, her and Demitri both did. But now, neither of them liked Eli, he was a completely different person, who was arrogant and rude.

Everything Y/n didn't like in people.

Y/n had successfully avoided him all summer, but now that it was the school year, there wasn't much of a chance for that.

That point was proven to be true as soon as Y/n walked into school and was immediately intruded by him.

"Hey."

She glanced at him, rolling her eyes before opening her locker. The smirk that had been dancing on his lips, dropped into a frown.

"C'mon Y/n. Don't ignore me."

"How about you don't tell me what to do?" She slammed her locker shut, turning to face him. "Just leave me alone."

"I just want to talk."

"And I don't want to listen."

"Y/n."

"Eli, I am not interested in anything-"

"It's Hawk-"

"It is Eli, you are Eli Moskowitz. Not Hawk. You are- you were a nice person, who was slightly geeky, but someone I liked. Someone I actually liked." Y/n shook her head, sighing as she looked at him. "But now? Now I don't want anything to do with you, I don't want to be seen with you,  I don't want to be around you."

He didn't say anything as Y/n turned around at walked away. He looked at her, realizing for the first time, she was a true friend, who could've been more had he not screwed up.

Unfortunately for him, it was too late. Unless he reverted back to being Eli, but that would never happen. Eli was long gone, dead. Never to return, and he was fine with that, at least he thought that he was.

Whatever, Y/n wasn't worth the mental dilemmas.

Never mind, she totally was. "Y/n wait-"

She stopped, slowly turning around as he rushed up to her. "Okay, look I am Hawk. I will never again be Eli, but I can just try to be better. I actually like you, just give me a shot. Please?"

Y/n didn't say anything, she just looked at him.

"Please?"

"You won't bully innocent people?"

"I'll try not to-"

"You won't be a complete jerk?"

"I'll work on not being one-"

"I'll think about it."

"Y/n-"

"No, in order for me to make sure that my time won't be wasted, I need it to be shown. I need proof that you aren't making promises that you won't keep, I am not going to blindly go into a relationship."

He nodded quickly. "I can do that."

"Good, you have one chance. Don't screw this up."

And with that, Y/n left Hawk standing in the middle of the hallway.