The Unchanging Fact

❤︎

Chapter 10

The Unchanging Fact

"You were trying to catch my attention all day. It was cute," Kongpob said, smiling at me.

My face reddened and I shuffled my feet shyly. "Well, it's...it's because you always look at me and today you didn't. And you usually make conversation with me, but today you didn't..." I spilled out my frustration. My heart was beating so loud in my chest I could hear it pounding in my ears.

Kongpob smiled and leaned closer to my face, his nose only an inch away from mine, "Do you know why?"

"Huh?"

"Because I was waiting for you to call my name," Kongpob said in a sad tone. 

0_0 What did he mean? 

"Cmon, let's get inside," He took my hand into his warm hold and began leading me towards the dormitory building. 

I secured my hand into his, afraid to let go. "Kongpob Suthiluck..." I called out for him. Was this what he meant? He didn't respond. I was sure he had heard me... 

Suddenly I realized something.

He wanted me to call him by his first name. And only that. Jeez...

"Ko--Kongpob," I stammered and immediately Kongpob stopped walking and pulled me into the building next to us - the dormitory.

He opened the door to his dorm and pushed me into his room. I stood there, not knowing what was happening. His reaction was so abrupt, I didn't know what to think. He shut the door before turning to me and looking affectionately into my eyes. Then he stepped forward and pulled me into a tight hug.

"Arthit..." he called my name softly, sighing. "I've been waiting for you to call me that all day."

Automatically I wrapped my arms around him as well. Why did this feel so good? I rested my chin on his shoulder and we stayed there for a long time. I didn't feel like letting go anytime soon.

Kongpob Suthiluck made the first move after the long embrace.

"You haven't had much experience kissing, have you?" he asked with a smirk, all of a sudden looking entertained. What... why was he asking this?

"No, I've kissed many people before!" I lied nervously, feeling like an idiot... I could tell he had a lot of experience from yesterday's kiss. Duh.. He had done all the work and I just stood there, enjoying it. He probably already knew I was making stuff up. After all, I am a lousy liar.

"Really? It's hard to tell..." he said, grinning. "When I kissed you yesterday it felt like it was your first time." 

IT WAS. Argh, no way was I going to admit that...

"So you just touch lips with them? That's not a kiss," he continued teasingly.

"Kongpob Suthiluck...umm I mean, Kongpob," I corrected myself, feeling my heart flutter saying his name. I was meant to glare at him, but it didn't work out.

"Say it again," he prompted softly with a twinkle in his eyes.

"Kongpob," I said, this time lightly and almost inaudible. Hello? This was embarrassing! Why did I obey him? Arthit Rojnapat, this is why you lose to this guy!!

"Every time you say it, it makes me love you even more" he expressed. I felt my heart tingle.

"Kongpob~" I said, almost playfully. I was surprised at what I was doing.