4- The First Round

Author's Note: Picture is of Midas, the Heir's right hand man and childhood best friend. Jazakillah for all of the reads, votes and comments in the previous chapter. This one is dedicated to misticreader, my awesome brokateer. Love ya! And I hope everyone enjoys this chapter :D

Chapter 4- The First Round

Myeesha woke for Fajr and opted to sleep for a few more hours before waking again at eight o'clock. She got out of bed and took a quick shower, for the first time having as much hot water as she wanted. It took a while to wash her hair and dry it. There was a dryer on the counter that she didn't know how to use so she stuck to towel-drying most of it instead. She sat on the window seat, reading three chapters of her book while waiting for the sun to dry the rest of her hair. When nine o'clock rolled by, it was dry.

She brushed her hair and pulled it up in a messy bun. No one was going to see it anyway. Dropping the robe she had adorned, she flipped through the clothes she was provided with. Not a single dress was full-sleeved and only a handful were full-length. Myeesha sighed. She took out a simple white dress that reached the floor and was sleeveless. Tugging it on, she pulled on a white knitted cardigan over it. The shoes were harder to adjust to. High heels, stilettos, pumps . . . Myeesha frowned.

She put on a fluffy pair of pink socks and closed the wardrobe.

Now to deal with her veil.

That was easier to work with. She had been provided with a stack of scarves and sheer slips. Yes, they were small in size. She didn't have much choice though.

The problem came later on, after she had fixed her niqab.

The top part of her chest showed. A peek of cleavage. And the cardigan didn't have buttons.

Myeesha dumped the box of jewelry on the floor, looking for a brooch or some safety pins. She had found straight pins with which she had held together her veil. Those wouldn't work on her sweater unless she wanted to poke herself or risk the sweater pulling apart by a small tug.

Her prayers were answered when she spotted a packet of bobby pins. Myeesha sighed in relief and pinned one to the flaps of the cardigan. There. Time to square her shoulders, push aside her anxieties and face the first challenge. No, she did not know what to say to the media. She had never met the media before, if that was even relevant. She would do as she deemed fit when the task hit her on the face. Allah was with her. Inshallah, she'd get through it.

At twelve o'clock sharp, the same maid came knocking on her door. She introduced herself properly this time, saying her name was Shifa. She had been working for the Heir since she was a child. However, when Myeesha asked her what had happened to cause the Heir to change into such a monster, she refused to answer.

She was announced into a large dining hall where Shifa left her. She noticed the other females were already seated, some turning to glare at her. Myeesha stared straight ahead and took her seat at chair number sixteen, furthest from Za'yaal. Good. Wait. Not so good. She had to interrogate him on how he was treating her brothers!

A maid served her and Myeesha caught her hand before she could leave. "Can I get a pen, please?"

The maid nodded hastily in confusion and walked away. She returned a moment later with a pen on a tray. Myeesha thanked her and spread out a napkin on an empty plate. She wrote a small message and called the servant standing so stoically in front of her.

"Would you deliver this to Za'yaal? Jazakillah."

He took the napkin on a tray and walked to the front of the table. Myeesha smiled a bit in satisfaction.