16- The Heir's Past (2)

Author's Note: ^ Picture of the amazing Brazilian actor Bernardo Velasco as a younger version of Za'yaal's father, Zuleym, the Lead of Dragos.

PEOPLE PEOPLE!! I AM BACK!!

Haha, okay, enough of that. I bet ya'll missed me. Or not really me, more like the story . . . =__= Well, that's the sad truth of life. *forlorn sigh*

Anyway, I'd firstly like to thank EVERYONE who has ever had a comment conversation with me. Seriously. I have THE BEST TIME going back and replying and then waiting for you guys to reply and so on. It's the best feeling a writer can get and you guys have totally delivered in this book. JAZAKAMULLAH!! <3

Secondly, I'd like to thank shape6 because she took out time and messaged me with the whole procedure on how to solve the Mature Content thing. She's a life saver! If any of you are having problems with your stories, be sure to contact her because she seems like the person who'll always help :)

THIRDLY, a HUGGGGE thank you to all the people who dedicated their work to me. I put up a list on my profile because you guys deserve recognition and I am so happy you actually think I'm worth it. YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME.

Lastly, I have an exam in two days, Wednesday, and- WAIT!! I nearly forgot! MY DAD GOT ME BUNNIES!! Oh gosh, they're the sweetest, most cuddliest, softest little babies and I've fallen in love! Pray that they give babies soon and I'll pass them around to all my beloved readers :D We named them (for those interested) Spirit and Simba from our favorite cartoon movies even though one's a girl. (I wanted to name them Phineas and Ferb . . .)

Anyway, like I was saying before the cute puffballs distracted me, I have an exam in two days, Chemistry and I'm like dying. So please, please pray for me. In Shaa Allah, if it goes well, I'll update again on Friday.

Jazakallah/Jazakillah for reading, voting and commenting. This story is not just a pointless romance. It contains action, tragedy, mystery, hurt/comfort, healing, etc. WiseLemon, over and out!

Chapter 16- The Heir's Past (2)

When Mayyda woke, she was in a room made of gray stone. She slept on a few flat cardboard boxes and both her back and feet ached. Groggily, she pushed herself up. Za'yaal scurried to help her, supporting her back and shoulder. She gave him a small smile and he returned it softly. He had a cut on his lip and a large bruise on his forehead.

"Where are we?" Mayyda asked, looking around the dreary room.

"I don't know," he answered distressfully. He worried his lip while trying to keep the tears at bay. "I was helping Uncle Adam into the car and . . . Mama, I want Dad."

She wrapped her arms around him and gently rocked him like she used to when he was a small child. "Don't worry, baby. Dad's going to be here soon."

Za'yaal felt his heartbeat accelerate. "What if he doesn't know where we are?"

"He will," she told him firmly. "Your father won't give up so easily."

Za'yaal laid his head against her shoulder and closed his eyes. He couldn't get rid of the image of his uncles lying on the floor, near bleeding to death. And the man in black- he felt accomplished for having killed that monster. "I'm hungry, Mama."

She didn't have her large purse with her, the one in which she stuffed all the snacks since she knew her son ate more than an army. "I'm sorry, love. We're going to have to wait."