35. A Meeting In Dungeons

Blinking repeatedly, I tried to clear the sleep induced haze looming at the back of my mind.

There was tranquillity in waking up early morning, an invigorating freshness. So for some seconds, I lay half-awake, my cheek pressing into the pillow. There was a lethargy in my actions as I went on watching the gentle rays of sun peeping inside my room through the white blinds.

The chirping sounds of birds was helpful in awakening up my senses.
Turning my head towards the bedside table, I quickly glanced at the digital clock which indicated that it was around six in the morning.

Hence I slipped my head back inside my comforter to avoid the light. I had overslept today since I had fallen asleep few hours later than my usual sleep time.

For some inexplicable reason, I felt really light-hearted unlike the last some days that I had spent in human world. I sighed in relief, realising that it was saturday and I didn't have to spend another tormenting day at school.

A thought hovered over the edge of my consciousness as I took a sharp intake of breath. Stiffening ever so slightly in my bed, I hugged the pillow tighter in my arm. It smelled so amazing, reminding me of fresh rain and Earth. In fact the whole bed had this scent which induced a wave of nostalgia in me.

With a start, I realised that I was in the bed. Throwing the comforter away from my head, my eyes scanned the red-white themed spacious room.

A frown tugged at my lips when my gaze fell back on the white pillow in my arms. I distinctly recalled having fallen asleep on the recliner so as to how I got here had only one answer.

Jayden.

He should've been sleeping here since it was six in the morning and he had mentioned that he wasn't a morning person when Lisa had commented on gifting lilies to Denise thing.

Sniffing my pillow again, I realised it was his cologne or perhaps unreservedly him. Shrugging off the concern for him, I momentarily deliberated over the prospect of getting him to lie on my bed in the evening for an hour so that by the time I fall asleep, I'll feel as invigorated as I felt today.

Wake up Kaia. This is like using a person as a perfume. Worse yet, room freshener.

I rolled my eyes when the thought 'precisely bed freshner' entered my brain. There was no need to be precise all the time. I needed to get back to Astorasia as soon as possible. Perhaps the Astorasians weren't meant to stay in human world for long and they lost their sanity slowly if they did.

Running my hands on my face, I shifted on my bed, planting my back against the cushioned headboard. For a moment I wondered what I was going to do today but then a startling question struck me.

Had I fallen on the floor from my recliner? That sort of explained how Jayden got up early but it was totally mortifying at the same time. Perhaps I was over-thinking it and he just had a sudden headache or something.

I frowned deeply on realising that I was hoping for someone to get a headache. On top of it, it was Jayden who had difficulty in falling asleep and needed medications for it. I then decided that no matter how embarassing it was to have fallen on the floor, I didn't wish Jayden to suffer.

Maybe he was swimming or something right now. Or maybe he went back to his room to sleep. Making a mental note to ask him about when and how did he woke up, I forced myself to get up from inviting bed. Mostly because of the beguiling smell.