07. Into The Unknown

In just the span of a few days, my life had turned upside down. It was almost unbelievable.

I reckon I could finally strike off a few things on my non-existent bucket list: getting pushed off the high tower, being tortured, that excruciating pain, meeting the dark witch, tumbling down into a portal and finally being here.

Human world.

I somehow ended up in the human world. I would have preferred if I landed in the Age Of Dinosaurs rather than this. At least there I could have just hidden in some cave and made the plans to get back to Astorasia.

The prospect of studying the climate changes and biodiversity reigning back then was also riveting. Scientists would kill to have authentication for their Asteroid theory behind the extinction of Dinosaurs. Time travel was rather unheard of, though if people can have the power of freezing time so perhaps the former could be possible.

But coming back to the point- this was the Human world. The dimension Astorasian Travellers keenly talked about.

Amusingly enough, it was just as outlandish as they had mentioned in their books. Upon waking up, I found myself in a lavish looking room, bizzare to an extent with this modern vibe.

Yet it wasn't a flamboyant bedchamber befitting a princess. It wasn't home. I was in a whole new world. Everything from the bed to the white walls and red curtains felt afresh to me. The massive floor to ceiling glass windows were cloaked with sheer white curtains, presently pulled to the sides to allow the light to stream inside.

It was evening time.

I glanced up at the ceiling to look at the circular structure protruding out from the ceiling again. I was unable to understand if it was supposed to be chandelier or something else. But since it was illuminating the chambers, it had to be a chandelier. Human world even had unusual looking chandeliers. Dinosaurs would be way better than this peculiar place.

My vision landed on the large black screen fixed on the white wall, at some distance from my bed. I wondered if this perhaps served as a mirror in the strange human world.

Though, keeping it infront of the bed only felt awkward.

Oddly narcissistic.

Why would anyone wish to gaze at their reflection all the time? I pondered over the question for a while yet I couldn't possibly come up with a plausible explanation. Perhaps they really were self absorbed beings.

That made things a lot easier for me. If they didn't mind me at all then I could find my way back home peacefully. My parents didn't even have any idea of where I was. They must be searching ceaselessly for me.

I needed to get back there soon to let my parents know about uncle Philips.

Now that my uncle was thinking about the possibility of Aves being some girl in the prophecy, her safety was my primary concern. Just thinking about him made my blood boil. If only I had some powers- I could've put up a decent fight against him.

Even though I felt fine now, I could never forget his torments. I could see myself being tied to that wooden chair in the dilapidated warehouse if I closed my eyes.

I felt enraged yet my own anger could become my weakness in an instant upon facing him. At times like these, I felt like cursing the fates for being so unfair. But I couldn't.

So I did the next best thing: crushing the poor pillow lying next to me. I wanted to scream too but I couldn't do that too since I was pretending to be asleep. Asleep- because I wanted to avoid the inevitable meeting with humans living here. Half an hour, I woke up upon hearing a girl fumble with something on the nightstand. I just pretended to be asleep to avoid confrontation.