Arranged Marriage: Chapter Thirty-Seven

Start from the beginning

Of course it seemed like Anthony read my mind in the midst of all my pleasure, for he dug the tips of his fingers right up against the most sensitive part of me, causing me to cry out as my body quivered and jolted, my seed spilling onto the expanse of William's stomach.

"Well that was fast," William chuckled in amusement, causing my face to burn as I attempted to hide my embarrassment with my long hair.

Anthony pressed his head against mine and glanced at the blond, his fingers gliding out of me. "I recall you spending your load as soon as my lips touched you this morning."

I relished the way William's cheeks darkened, the poor man looking embarrassed as he turned his face away. "Look at you spilling all my secrets. You're so cruel to me, Anthony."

A sly grin formed on Anthony's face as he pulled William's face to him and kissed him, both men exchanging tongues.

All three of us then jumped when there was a knock on the bedroom door, each of us exchanging glances before William sighed and ran his hand through his hair. He then snatched a pair of trousers off of the floor and yanked them on before he pressed a quick kiss against the side of my head.

"Let me see who is interrupting us," he said before he left the bathing room, leaving just Anthony and me.

I blushed when I realized he was still very much naked, and averted my gaze. "You seem like you're doing better," I spoke softly, peeking at him though my bangs as the man glanced at me.

Finally, he nodded his head and went to pick up his own pair of trousers, that intense gaze on me the entire time. "I do feel much better, yes. I'm ecstatic that this whole mess is over and that you no longer have to look over your shoulder in worry. Not to mention, I believe there isn't a trace of poison left within me anymore, which I am thankful for.

I closed my eyes when he placed a soft kiss against the corners of my mouth, and allowed a sweet smile to form as I turned my head, turning his little peck into a kiss. After a moment, he pulled away and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, smiling sweetly.

"I'm glad you're feeling better," I told him gently, squeezing his bicep. "Perhaps now that this is over...you can join William and me when we stargaze. I promised him we would, a-and then so much stuff happened all at once that we didn't really get a chance to."

"I would love to join the both of you." His smile widened. "Do you know William is obsessed with the idea of life outside of this land? Of worlds beyond our own?"

I chuckled and nodded my head, pulling my hair over my shoulder. "I do. And I love that about him. He's so different from what others think to be normal...it makes him unique." I nibbled at my bottom lip and glanced at him through his lashes. "Do...you perhaps believe in other life beyond our own?"

Anthony looked at me, searching my gaze before he sighed and shrugged his shoulders, yanking on a plain shirt. "I have never really thought about it, to be honest. I've been too preoccupied with the happenings down here to wonder what may lay beyond." He bit at his bottom lip and averted his gaze. "Such an idea is an interesting prospect, though."

Both of us looked to the door as William walked inside, though, my heart seemed to skip a beat when I saw the conflicting feelings crossing that handsome face.

"What's wrong, William?" Anthony asked as he moved closer to the blond man, a worried frown on his lips. "Is it Edith? Arthur, perhaps?"

William shook his head and scratched his scalp before turning that sage colored gaze towards me. "Ah...well...I just got word from a servant that Lady Camille wishes to speak with you. In private."

I immediately frowned, wrapping my arms around myself as my mind swirled in annoyance. Mother? What in sweet Mary's name did she want with me this time? Surely she wasn't here to ask how I was doing, I mean...she never cared if I was alright or not in the past. So why was she here?

I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose, not really wanting to deal with Mother's drama. "Have a servant send word to her to meet me in the garden in twenty minutes time. I'm not sure why she suddenly wishes to visit me...but I suppose it was going to happen eventually." I ran my fingers though my hair and nibbled at my bottom lip, my nerves spiking at the thought of seeing her face again.

I glanced up when William placed a hand on my shoulder, that sage gaze of his searching mine as a frown formed on his lips. "Are you sure, Mel? I-I can always tell her that you're ill, or something."

I placed my hand over his and shook my head. "No. I have to do this. I-If anything, perhaps I can learn why she raised me as a woman, despite knowing I was male, and what it all means to her." I sighed again and walked back into the bedroom, heading straight for my chiffonier so that I could dress in something...appropriate. God only knows what Mother would say if I met with her in such a state.

So I pulled out a long blue dress with gold ribbons and threw it on, making sure everything fit right before I put on some jewelry and left the room, dreading for whatever Mother wanted to say to me.