Frost: Chapter Thirty-Seven

Its about time I freaking posted this. Oopsssss. But here you go!

(Asurah's POV)

I was beyond exhausted when I finally made it home. My legs were wobbly like jello, and my lungs felt like it was taking in fire, instead of oxygen. I was also still in shock over the fact that I had tied with Joseph. I had honestly thought I was going to lose when I saw him starting to pass me, and I had closed my eyes last second, awaiting the inevitable. So when I heard that we tied, I was both shocked and ecstatic. Shocked over the fact that I somehow didn't lose, but also happy that I didn't have to do what Joseph said. Knowing him, he probably would have told me to do something perverted.

Whatever the case, I was glad to be back in my comfy home, soaking in an ice bath that had my aching muscles being soothed. I yawned and stretched out, my back arching as my eyes closed. When I was done yawning, I relaxed and leaned my head against the tub pillow, closing my eyes.

Today was actually rather fun, thanks to Jo being there with me. It was like the Celebration itself was instantly made better with him by my side. Maybe it was his bad jokes that made it better...or even his witty quirks. Maybe it was just his presence that made me feel like I was having more fun. Feeling like that shown me that I really was in love with this guy. Like, deeply in love with him.

I could only smile softly to myself, just the mere thought of him making me all giddy inside. Who knew that a mere human could make me feel things no one else could ever make me feel? Everything was just so new to me, but I didn't mind it at all. Instead, I embraced it. I absolutely loved feeling so wanted, so craved by another.

And when I had mentioned him being my consort...I meant it. Maybe not now, since it was still too soon...but maybe sometime in the future, we could make that a reality. I was actually ok with the idea of marrying Joseph. He was like my lifeline, and without him...I felt empty.

It was strange how love worked. Just a month ago, I didn't care about love...and yet, now I can't live without it. Or, well, I couldn't live without Joseph.

I sighed and opened my eyes, staring up at my reflection. My hair was damp and cascaded down my chest into the water, flowing against the cool liquid. A few pale strands fell between my white eyes, sticking to the sides of my nose. As I stared at myself, I thought back to earlier, the way Joseph and I teased each other before the race.

My face lit aflame as I remembered placing his hand on my bottom. Like, why did I do that? Gah! So embarrassing! I had wanted to distract him so I could win, all in good fun, of course, but the only other thing that came to mind was to kiss him. And Joseph wouldn't be distracted by a kiss. So...I went with the next best thing despite being embarrassed beyond reason. Though, in all honesty...his hands felt quite nice against my skin. So...there's that.

You pervert, why are you thinking about his hand on your butt?! I scolded myself, covering my flaming face with my hands. Gah, I was about as bad a Jo was with his pervertedly handsome self!

After a while wallowing in my embarrassment, I drained the tub and walked out of the bathroom, almost screaming when I saw Joseph sitting on my pod, a tablet in his hand as he read something. He looked up, his chocolate eyes going wide as he took in my nude form, a blush forming over his cheeks.

"Good grief Ash! What's up with you walking in here all naked and stuff?" He asked, crimson dashed over his tanned cheeks.

"I can't help it! You come out of nowhere!" I squeaked, covering myself with my hands as best as I could.