Broken: Chapter Seven

Relaxed. It's something I should have been feeling, especially here in this large bath filled with steaming water. But no. I was not relaxed. I didn't know what it was considering is should have been happy that I was going to be an uncle. So why did I have a tight feeling in my chest? Why were my muscles tense, even though they should have been soothed by the hot water?

I did not know, but I was worried. Why was I feeling like this? Nothing should be wrong, right? Mia was fine, tucked in bed as she should be. Cayden...was Cayden alright?

My silent question was answered when the man himself walked into the bathing room, immediately shedding his clothes before he stumbled into the bathtub, making his way towards me, taking a seat next to me. He then leaned his head on my shoulder and sat there in silence. Of course, my heart began to fill with worry, my brows pinching together before I finally mustered up the courage to speak.

"Cayden? Are you alright? You're awfully quiet, right now."

"Hmm?" Cayden turned those gorgeous chocolate eyes towards me, before a small smile formed on his face. "I'm alright, my love. Just tired from all the training today. My legs feel gelatinous."

I chuckled a bit, before grabbing a small cup and filling it with water, gently pouring it over his hair. "That sounds like you've had quite a day, today, dear."

Cayden snorted and turned his body to face me. "Well, training is very hard on one's body, although...I would not mind if you came in tomorrow to watch me train with swords."

I blinked, and nibbled at my bottom lip. "If I go to watch you, does this mean Agatha does not have to tag along? Don't get me wrong, she is quite a good bodyguard, but she does get a little overwhelming at times."

Cayden snorted and turned his dark eyes up towards me, his long eyelashes wet from the water. "Well, I'm going to be there, so she can go take a break to see her wife. Though, I do warn you, you'll have to deal with me all day."

I smiled warmly and slid my fingers down his tanned cheek, tapping against his lip before my warm smile turned into something more mischievous. "I'm more than willing to deal with you all day, dear Cayden. You forget, I can be quite the handful when I wish to be."

Cayden's brows rose as his eyes glanced down at my lips, a smile lighting up his handsome features. "Quite the temptation you are, I must admit. My body feels like jelly, and yet all I want to do right now is ravish you."

I chuckled and nibbled at my bottom lip and climbed into his lap, wrapping my arms around his neck. "Then what are you waiting for, my Love? Ravish me."

Cayden's dark eyes sparkled brightly as he leaned forward and kissed me deeply, his tongue finding its way into my mouth, his hands gently rubbing against the skin of my thighs. It was times like these that I felt closest to Cayden. Not just physically, but mentally as well. When we joined, we became one, and I could always feel his love caressing me, holding me tightly. And when he slipped those long, tanned fingers if his into my entrance, I could only moan, my body pressing down to allow his finger to go deeper within me. I knew it wouldn't take him long to find that one spot of pure pleasure. It never did take him that long, for he knew my body very well.

I shivered when his finger found said spot, a smile forming on his face as he watched me tremor with pleasure. When he added another finger, my body was pressing down with each thrust of his fingers, my head knocked back as moans escaped from between my open lips. I could feel it, the wounding sensations forming in my stomach, letting me know that the pleasurable end was near.

But Cayden stopped, which had me furrowing my brows and turning my eyes down towards him, a small whimper escaping me.

"Do not worry," Cayden whispered, his own voice deep with lust, "we are not finished yet."

And with a grunt he whisked me into his arms, holding me against his naked chest as he took me back into our room, placing me gently onto the bed. He lowered himself onto me, taking great care to not squish me with his weight as he gently brushed my hair from my face, staring intently down at me. "I love you, Davian. I know I say this every time we are intimate like this, but I love you more than mere words can describe."

"Then show me, Cayden," I whispered in a half moan, "show me how much you love me."

I gasped when Cayden all but attacked my lips, his tongue dancing with mine as he placed his fingers back within me, stretching me for something much larger than mere fingers. I moaned in bliss when he left my lips in order to ravish my neck, his soft lips nibbling at that one spot on my neck that had my toes curling with pleasure.

The lower he got, the more frantic the kisses on my flesh were, until he stopped altogether, his lips hovering just above my throbbing flesh. My eyes slammed shut and my body bowed when he placed his tongue against me, his breath hot as he took me into his mouth. It was only a moment, I'm ashamed to admit, before my vision went white and pleasure spiked throughout my entire body.

Cayden pulled away, confusion written across his features before understanding pooled into those chocolate colored eyes. "You must be nearing your heat, love."

Heat, the time where I would become very lustful for my husband. A time that only came a few times a year, thanks to my draconic side.

That would explain why my end came so quickly, with only Cayden's mouth. But even so, my body rekindled that fire almost immediately, and Cayden went to work in order to sate me.

By the time I woke back up, I was beyond relaxed, my body like jello as I carefully pulled myself up, yawning as I turned my gaze towards the man who held my heart.

He was out cold, no doubt exhausted by today's events. His lips were slightly open, and I chuckled at the string of saliva that dripped onto his pillow, the man barely twitching when I plucked a brown strand of hair from his eyes.

I stayed there like that, my eyes on his sleeping form as I tried to go back to sleep, my eyes and body heavy. However, sleep seemed to be avoiding me at the moment. Why? Why couldn't I go to sleep? I sighed and moved onto my back, my eyes gazing up at the ceiling. I could hear the trees rustling outside, the sound of the wildlife as they cried out into the night. I focused on those sounds, hoping that they would lull me to sleep.

And they almost did, but in the place of the ruffling trees, I could have sworn I heard...laughter. But then again it could have been someone from the palace that couldn't sleep either, just walking around and talking with someone. Then there was the possibility that I was just hearing things, since I was beyond tired.

So why, as I finally fell into the cusp of sleep, did I have a horrible feeling bursting in my gut?