Chapter 5: Privet Drive

Start from the beginning

'Can't wait to work with you either! And I thought so! You'll be a great Ginny!'

'Thank you so much!'

We were talking and walking around the studio for a while until the voice of Chris's yelled from somewhere on the other side of the room, over the now-quite-grown crowd. Most of them were people around our age.

'Okay everyone, gather around here please!'

We started to head towards Chris, shortly joined by Dan, Rupert and Tom. All of us were somehow naturally brought to the front of the crowd, which was in a small circle. In the centre were Chris, Jo and several other people I didn't recognise.

When all of the people had gathered and quieted down Jo said, 'Dan, Sakura, Emma and Rupert, please come forward and join us here.'

Catching each others' eyes the four of us stepped out in front and stood in a line between Jo and Chris.

'I am honoured to introduce to all of you,' Chris said loudly. 'Harry and Sally Potter, Hermione Granger and Ronald Weasley for the filming of the Potters!'

Almost at once applause erupted around us. Next to me, Dan bowed and the three of us did too.

'I'll let these four say a few words and then we'll introduce ourselves too. Dan you can go.'

'Again?' I heard him say quietly, barely audible. I bit down a laugh and whispered, 'You've got the head role.'

'So do you. Uh -' he then said loudly. 'Hello everyone. My name is Daniel Radcliffe and I will be playing as Harry Potter. I'm really looking forward working on this big project and, nice to meet you all.'

'Hi, I'm Sakura Ninomiya and I am honoured to be playing the role of Sally Potter. I'm really excited to film the amazing series and I look forward working with all of you.'

'Hello, I'm Emma Watson. Um - I've never acted in a movie like many of you right here, just in school plays. But I will try my very best of acting out Hermione in the movies and... great to meet you.'

'Hi. Uh - I'm Rupert Grint playing Ron Weasley. It's a pretty big pleasure to be here and I wish to have great fun with all of you.'

Cheers and applause erupted around us and I couldn't keep down a smile.

'Thank you, all of you.' Chris said when the crowd went quiet again. 'A quick introduction. As many of you might already know, I'm Chris Columbus and I will be the head director for the Philosopher's Stone and possibly the Chamber of Secrets. I am of course looking forward on making the world wide best seller into a movie with these amazing casts and staff. So on behalf of the people here in the centre, congratulations and let's do this!!'

Loud cheers and applause echoes around the room for a good minute or two.

'Now,' Chris said clapping his hands. 'Today we will begin to film scenes at Privet Drive and several different ones in Hogwarts. So all of you will have at least one thing to do. When you're not on or have finished your scenes for today, feel free to watch the others or leaving for home or somewhere else.' He looked around the crowd once more. 'Before we get on filming, let's put on costumes and get make up done!'

For the third time in less than fifteen minutes the crowd cheered and the acting casts started to walk out of a door in the back. Me, Emma started walking but Bonnie said, 'I don't have a scene today but I'll be out here watching you guys, if that's okay.'

'Yeah of course.' Emma smiled.

'So meet you back here again?' I asked.

'Yes please!'