Chapter 61: By My Side

A/N
So I realised that the dates and that are all messed up (see how well-thought this story is?) and so I went back and edited the last few chapters.

So just a quick recap - their fight was in October and she got shot in mid-November. Now, it's the end of December.

Anyways, here it is!!!! The final chapter!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I managed to get out of the hospital around the middle of December.

I only had two weeks to get back into health, prepare for Em and Matt's huge day, film, take interviews and go to the actual wedding.

I was the Maid of Honour as well, so all those time at Cedars-Sinai I was calling and sending texts to all the bridesmaids, which were Bonnie, Evy and Matt's two younger sisters, Caitlin and Chloe, and the staff at the venue and once I returned home and was able to walk, I was driving around everywhere. Well, Naomi did. Luckily I'd done quite a lot for their wedding before that night, though.

All the filming and interviews that I'd missed out hit me like a tsunami too and I was kept well and truly busy for the next three days before we headed to the hotel near the venue.

During that time, Tom and I cleared everything up for the media and more importantly, our friends and fans and so many people had shown their support and acceptance for both of us, and we were more than grateful and also thankful for them.

And today, was the day. 28th of December, 2011.

Emma Watson and Matthew Ginsberg's wedding day.

MY BEST FRIEND IS GETTING MARRIED, PEOPLE!

The venue was at Mountaingate Country Club, a gorgeous garden venue with several lakes around it and was approximately a 20 minute drive from Beverly Hills. There were fairylights and lanterns to light up at night, and it looked so pretty.

More than 100 people were expected, where the majority of them were involved in the Potters, or were from school. It really was a massive reunion for everyone. I was just hoping not too much paparazzi will be buzzing around; we've put security around the place.

The hotel we stayed at was inside the land owned by the Club and I haven't seen Tom since yester. Neither has Em seen Matt, following the tradition. His groomsmen were Tom, Kosuke, Ian (remember him?), and Carl (Dessy's boyfriend). Matt's best friend since childhood, Zach, was the Best Man.

And this morning, I was woken up by Em as per usual.

'Wake up! You're the last one, Miss Maid of Honour.'

I groaned and rolled over, squeezing my eyes shut from the sunlight.

'Five more minutes.' I mumbled.

'Yeah, no.' She whipped the sheets off me. 'That's the same as five hours.'

I groaned again and covered my face with my pillow.

'Come on!' Em tugged at my feet, trying to drag me off the bed. I could hear the other girls giggling. 'The wedding starts in an hour!'

'WHAT?' I sat bolt upright, my heartbeat shooting up like a rocket. 'WHY DIDN'T YOU -'

'Calm down, I'm kidding.' Em said over all the laughter.

'It's eight o'clock.' Evy said. 'You've got plenty of time.'