Chapter 34: New Flat

I just want say big thanks to KatherineIn, royalbella14 and SugarQuills58! They always vote on the chapters and it really does keep me motivated! Especially SuagrQuills58!! Oh Merlin you're hilarious 😂

But thank you to everyone else for reading and hope you have enjoyed this story so far!! :) x

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up with a start on the floor, staring towards a wall.

A wall? Oh yeah.

I slowly sat up, still inside my sleeping bag and stretching as I went and rubbed my eyes to clear up my vision. It had been two nights since I moved to the flat in Watford, and I still could not get used to the fact that Emma Watson did not sleep next to me anymore.

Even though be both knew that we can easily see each other whenever we wanted to (I mean, it's like half an hour from her house), Em and I still burst into tears. Jackie and Alex was tearing up too. It just felt so... weird. It really felt like I was going to live away from my family, even though I already am, except that they live on the other side of the earth.

Though it was supposed to be an unfurnished flat, the owner was kind enough to give me two sofas, a coffee table, a small dining table and four chairs for me.

I slept on the floor simply because my bed had not arrived yet, though it will be arriving today along with the rest of my clothes, my bedside table, bookshelf, books (that's important), cosmetics, some cutlery that Jackie gave me and my dresser. I had to go shopping to get some kitchen equipments including a frying pan, a pot and a spatular. Tom was also coming today at nine to help me put together stuff and go looking around the town with me. The things I already had in my flat included a few sets of clothes, two pairs of shoes, my phone, my copies of Philosopher's Stone and Deathly Hallows, my script for Deathly Hallows, my brush, hair ties and a few necklaces/bracelets/earrings.

I slid out from my sleeping bag and opened the curtains to reveal the breath taking lake that gleamed beautiful in the morning sunlight. Thank goodness there were curtains, too and I actually quite liked it. The apartment itself was three stories tall with a lift and my room was at the top floor, giving me a great view of the surroundings. I then turned around and grabbed my black sleeveless halter neck shirt (yes, I think I'm obsessed with sleeveless and halter neck clothing too) and washed-out ripped shorts and changed into them. One of the great things about living alone, I realised, was the fact that you don't have to go into the bathroom every time change (that was my case anyway) and/or you know, sleep without having any clothes on. I slept with my shorts and tank top though, of course.

Then I walked into the bathroom which was just outside my room to do my hair. It was tiny compared to the ones at Em's house, but obviously. This was an apartment for Merlin's sake. I liked this bathroom too, though. The floor was tiled in white, the tiles on the wall was a sandy colour and the sink cabinet was black and LED lights to shine the room, automatically giving it a neat look. I pulled my hair up in a bun since it was so hot today and I hated my hair sticking onto my neck and also brushed my teeth. I put on my necklace with a silver horizontal bar with the letter 'S' and a crystal on the right end around my neck.

After I was finished with that, I headed out to the living area and kitchen. The living area was quite spacious for an one person room (in fact, this whole room was quite large). One of the sofas was facing the TV and the other was facing the kitchen next to it so that it was like on a shape of an opposite L. In front of the two sofas was the coffee table. The kitchen had a walk way through the middle and black marble as the top. It had a modern electric stove on the left. How cool is that? There was an oven straight below the stove and cabinets filled the space both above and below. On the other side of the stove was a sink, a washing machine with those circle doors on the bottom left and a microwave on the top right. Cabinets were above and below the rest too. Oh, and the fridge was located on the left, a cabinet next to the oven (or a cabinet was in between the fridge and the oven). I bought the TV, wi-fi modem, washing machine, microwave and fridge before I moved in so that I can at least have entertainment, cold/hot food and... I don't know why for the washing machine. Probably because I found a good one in the same store. I opened the fridge and took a strawberry yoghurt and sat down on one of the chairs after I opened up the curtains and the window, letting in the chilly morning breeze and sunlight into the room. Today wasn't going to be too hot: it was going to be twenty-six degrees Celsius. Glancing at the clock, I realised that it was only half past seven.