Chapter 33: Thanking

Thank you so much for reading! Again, I don't know anything about university or about renting flats so if there's anything that's incorrect or anything, please let me know! Thanks :)

It had been almost month since we had came back from Los Angeles and so many things happened during that time. I finalised my forms for university, which I was going to UCLA for the first two years, to Cambridge for third and going back to LA for the last year of my schooling and I will be taking an economy course. My campaigns went like a blur one day I was in London then the next day I was in Rome then Florence, back to London and then flew to Paris in another. Auditions for two TV shows and a movie called "Elegant" took place too. "Elegant" was to complete auditioning next year and start filming around November next year.

I also started to look for a cheap yet nice flat to rent just outside London and I was so glad that I started looking in my free days. Ever since we came back, and when I had the chance, I had been going to flats open for inspection almost every three or four days. Tom was generous enough to come to every one of them, even he had his own things to do ('I'm bored, okay?' - Tom). Then, just three days ago I found a flat that I quite liked and it surprisingly I was the first person to put my name down for it. Apparently though, after I did, many people put their names down: it was a brand new flat and I was one of the firsts to come for inspection. So, eventually, the owner of this flat offered me this room and I happily accepted, making me the new resident for one of the rooms and I could move in anytime as long as it was between the fortnight. I cancelled all the other flats that still hadn't given me an answer (many of them were already taken) and told Jackie, Em and Alex (and Tom) that I had found a flat.

'Already?' Jackie seemed to be surprised. 'That was quicker than I expected!'

'It was, actually.' I laughed.

'Where is it?' Em asked.

'In Watford.'

'Watford?'

'That's heaps good!' Alex exclaimed.

'It really is.' I smiled. 'It's cheap too.'

'How much?'

'185 per week.' Jackie and Alex seemed to be taken aback. I can't blame them though. All the flats around here were at least 300 per week and the ones in London were more than 450. 'It's quite small, but I still like it. It's in front of this lovely lake.'

'Doesn't sound like you're the world's top young actress.' Em smirked slightly.

'Well, I'm going to save up for LA and then live in Beverly Hills.' I wriggled my eyebrows. 'And there's a lake, thanks very much.'

'Whatever, whatever.'

'But anyway, because I need to move out in a fortnight by the latest -'

'What?'

'- I booked a place for dinner on the 30th at 7pm. And I'm also thinking of moving out completely by the 31st.'

'Dude, that's in ten days!'

'I understand that this is rushed than I hoped, but I'm doing my best. I've got interviews and I want to be settled down by the time we start filming again.'

Em was about to say something but she seemed to gulp it down. 'Fine.' She said half-heartedly.

'Where's the place you're taking us?' Alex asked and I grinned.

'That's a surprise.'

'Oh no.' Jackie said, laughing.

'My exact thoughts.' Em laughed too.